Need help cross referencing components for JVC JR-S400 MkII

Chris Lauver

Hello, I am trying to repair an old JVC JR-S400mkII receiver. The meter lamps do not work. I am getting 13+ volts to the stabilizer board, but zero out. I have the service manual and thought I would rebuild the stabilizer board and the two resistors on the meter lamp board. Problem is I can't find anything out there to cross the old part numbers to equivalent replacements. Here is a copy of the page from the service manual with part numbers and some of the ratings. I usually buy from Mouser. Any help appreciated.

upload_2017-8-23_12-58-46.png

Looking at the schematic, the stabilizer PCB is also responsible for producing voltages for the power lamp, and the little light on the tuning dial indicator. Do either of those function?

The two resistors on the light PCB are there primarily to provide dropping voltage for the dial indicator's little 6-volt bulb.

The JR-S300 doesn't use a stabilizer board; it just feeds the lamps directly from the transformer, but with a slightly lower feed voltage. Worst case, you might be able to just cut the stabilizer out of the loop and put together something with dropping resistors. (this may also be a moment to consider going LED)

Thanks, I determined that the transistor was bad and found a replacement. Also replaced the capacitor and now it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom