Need Help: does anyone have photos of the following '44-'55 gear???

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by bluesky, Oct 3, 2013.

1. mroboto

mroboto Super Member

HF-R5 (not HF-R5K) But maybe the same ?
    Sansui HF-R5.jpg

Also have one picture of HPR-120 from the same source i think, interested ?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    moefuzz likes this.
  2. mvr1

mvr1 New Member

OK, here are some images from my cellphone.

Attached Files:

moefuzz and smurfer77 like this.
  3. AmadeusMozart

AmadeusMozart Member

HF-V6K.png Sansui HF-V6K 2.jpg HF-V60_1.jpg Sansui.jpg Sansui HF-V6K.jpg I think the HF-V60 is the same as the HF-6V6P and the HF-V6K is the same as the HF-6VK. One lot for the Japanese market and the other for the rest of the planet. Attached some circuit diagrams and some photos. Cheers AM

moefuzz, BLAH BLAH and smurfer77 like this.
  4. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

Great stuff! Are there serial numbers on any of it?

- Pete

5. AmadeusMozart

AmadeusMozart Member

Cannot discover any serial numbers on the photo's. Interesting tidbit is that there is also a HF-L60 which is using the 6L6 and is about 20 Watts. I came across these photo's and schematics after a lot of searching - I am building a clone of the Audio Note Kit 4 (about which I have posted recently) and Audio Note have almost the same setup for the driver and finals (except for the input tube) and Audio Note's unusual resistor choices had me scratching my head. ( For the schematics of the Audio note P2-PP and Audio Note kit 4 see my previous posting - I bought two PCB's on ePray but had to do some surgery on those PCB's: removed the DC filament supply to the input tube and brought the grid stopping resistors close to the tube sockets of the 6V6 by cutting the tracks there and using SMD's resisitors instead.)

Am attaching the HF-L60 pictures - Sansui in those days were very highly regarded before they eventually went downhill and never were able to recover.

The chap of the HF-L60 came across two and restored those and you notice the before and after.

Hashimoto was Sansui's transformer supplier and still makes the transformers today (and I am using those in my build - the 6L6 version only needs some different OPT's (5K versus 8K PP and cathode resistors of the finals, rest can stay the same. But lots more heat and I cannot see that working too well inside a cabinet like Audio Note used).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    moefuzz, smurfer77 and BLAH BLAH like this.
  6. AmadeusMozart

AmadeusMozart Member

And some more pictures of the HF-V6K.

Attached Files:

moefuzz and BLAH BLAH like this.
  7. AmadeusMozart

AmadeusMozart Member

And two pictures of the inside of a later version of the HF-V60 - the early ones supposedly had a tag board which was not used in later versions.

Attached Files:

moefuzz, smurfer77 and BLAH BLAH like this.
  8. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

Pure eye candy. Those are beautiful amps.

- Pete

9. moefuzz

moefuzz Active Member

I'll bet that the knobs have been reset in the wrong location as typical tuning cap (in background) aligns directly with far right and on/volume is usually left most.

[​IMG]

Interesting thing,
    Sansui had big knobs way before the G series!
    And somehow the placement in the picture brings memories of typical G series with large knobs towards the center.

What a Beautiful piece of history.

Hmmm,
    Now that makes me wonder what my favorite Beatles album would sound like on that thing?

balcony.jpg

cheers

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017