need help identifying speaker

Just got a bunch of misc vintage audio equipment, having trouble identifying it all.
I know this is a bad pic, but does anyone know what the top right and bottom left speakers are? No badges on them. Top right says made in Denmark on the back, and has a tone adjustment knob, and a nice wood cabinet
Bottom left does not say much of anything, vinyl cabinet.
I know the other one is a realistic 2a electrostatic.

Attachments

• OEi1lkcn6UhnUjy6DTra8fzJGVaO.jpg
    OEi1lkcn6UhnUjy6DTra8fzJGVaO.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 160
Bottom left speaker looks like a Bic Venturi, Fisher possibly. Cheap speaker in any case (phenloic tweeter is a give away) not worth listening to IMO.

Top right is a Dynaco A-25 (or one of it's ilk). The bottom left one does look Fisher-ish, but without any identifying markings, it could be a house brand or some such. Don't know about the other one. - Mark

Thanks, looked at some pics on ebay and Dynaco A-25 is exactly what it is! The other one does not appear to be as nice but I knew the Realistic and Dynaco speakers appeared to be high quality.. Cant wait to try them out and maybe find brothers (sisters?) for them.

Looks like I got a decent craigslist deal... Pioneer SX550 working, Sony STR1800 supposedly a bad fuse, sharp dual cassette deck, Boston Acoustics A40 (bad foam and I think wrong tweeters), Kyocera DA-310cx cd player (Great shape and works), bpc aiwa all in one, and those three speakers.
All in pretty decent shape, all for $125 (would not seperate). Nothing earth shattering but builds my collection up and I have wanted a Kyocera cd player for some time.

Correction, that's not a Dynaco, though it is modeled on the A-25. It looks more like the Scan-Dyna clone.

- JP

Charivari said:
Correction, that's not a Dynaco, though it is modeled on the A-25. It looks more like the Scan-Dyna clone.

- JP

Raphael said:
Yea, looks top ported!

My A25's have a ana - something - chamber (I think it's called) just like that.
Sure looks like a Dynaco to me. If not it's a pretty good knock-off.

Last edited:
Raphael said:
Yea, looks top ported!

I thought that the early a25s were top vented (an 'aperiodic' vent) and used Scanspeak or Seas drivers in them. you know, something I read on the web somewhere....

JoZmo said:
My A25's have a ana - something - chamber (I think it's called) just like that.
Sure looks like a Dynaco to me. If not it's a pretty good knock-off.
Aperiodic port. The Scan-Dynas are pretty much the equivalents of the Dynacos, being made to the same design, using nearly identical drivers, and being their contemporaries. If you do a search on the Scan-Dyna Dynaco quasi-clones, you'll learn a bit more about why they're so similar, but relatively rare by comparison.

packrat said:
I thought that the early a25s were top vented (an 'aperiodic' vent) and used Scanspeak or Seas drivers in them. you know, something I read on the web somewhere....
Yep, the early Dynacos were top-ported. You can read about that here. However, these have the little differences in the right quantity to make me strongly believe that these are Scan-Dyna vs. early Dynaco.

Allow me to show the similarities and differences. This is what one of my A-25s looks like:
A25.jpg

I unfortunately seem to have lost a photo of the Scan-Dyna A-25 I snagged off the net a while back, but you can see the similarities with Dan Bennett's photo and Dynacophil's Scan-Dyna A-45X clone here:
10798Scan_Dyna_A_45_X_006_AKsize.jpg

The A-25 clone pic I had didn't have the red VC wires, though, you can see the the minor differences that differentiate between the Dynaco and Scan-Dyna speakers.

- JP

Back
Top Bottom