Need help identifying transistor base

kaplang

Works for me !
Transistor in the picture is a 2SC458. The picture on the spec sheet shows a different shaped transistor with pin 3 being the base. Does the red arrow I show point to the base of my transistor? It has the flat side with the transistor number C458 showing. The other side is not flat and has the letters LG in a circle and the letter E in a circle. I just want to be sure.

Thanks for any help.

George
62FA5ED9-93C1-4727-BBD6-93691CB03642.jpeg

Attachments

• F841639F-E1B6-48AF-9051-85EC55FDD25F.jpeg
    F841639F-E1B6-48AF-9051-85EC55FDD25F.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 6
This is one of the transistors that can lead (see what I did there) to confusion.

One variety has the printing on the front and one variety has the printing on the back.

upload_2018-2-14_14-23-41.png

Genuine old Hitachi.

122ywwn.jpg

Second the confusion caused by the printing being on the back of the outhouse shaped item.
Pinout is ecb, bevel face is front, printing on back/larger face.

The pictures above on posts #3 & #4 are the 'little outhouse' package variety.

To confirm, I recommend measuring the transistor in question with a transistor tester or multimeter on 'diode test' range.

The pictures above on posts #3 & #4 are the 'little outhouse' package variety.

To confirm, I recommend measuring the transistor in question with a transistor tester or multimeter on 'diode test' range.
+1 on this. Takes 30 seconds and can save your sanity. I like to verify base, then kink it or separate it slightly from the rest.

Ah, fun, to see my picture here :). It comes from; http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....prone-whatever-and-replacements.731653/page-3

I made it once to outline the difference between these two transistors, they are common in Akai gear, but also in some Marantz and Luxman amps.

The BCE transistor is a SOT-33 package, the ECB transistor a TO-92. All SOT-33 transistors have BCE pinout seen from the side where the model # is printed on.

Hi Jeroen , to add to the pinout confusion, I can not resist putting following picture as "Leisure".

I have several of these OC22 which most probably come from the Philips factory, they have the base and emitter markings wrong and they put an X through it.....(One has good marking orientation but it is not an OC22).

;)

transistor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom