Need help knowing what sort of integ. amp. I need for speakers.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by MKP0, Jan 24, 2018.

1. MKP0

MKP0 New Member

Hi,
    I hope this is the right area to post this.
    I have a pair of Infinity 6RS Kappa speakers. I found the spec page online but I don't understand it at all.
    Can someone help me out and tell me what I should make sure of when searching for integrated amps, please?
    Attached is the spec page I found online.

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MKP0

MKP0 New Member

Anyone?

3. Samac

Samac Active Member

Hey, MKP0

The Kappa 6RS looks to be a sealed box 4ohm speaker with a ten inch woofer. I would want at least a hundred watts with a brawny power supply from my amp get the best from the speakers drivers, especially the ten inch woofer which looks to handle frequencies from 800Hz down. You don't state a budget but I'd look at integrateds from NAD, Yamaha, Nuprime, Wyred 4 Sound, Marantz, just to name a few.

Cheers,

Scott

4. E.Man

E.Man Super Member

As above.

There's also an Infinity section on this site that you could ask in as well.

5. johnda

johnda AK Subscriber Subscriber

The 4 ohm impedance is what to look out for. 80-100 watts per channel and ability to use 4 ohm speakers. Yamaha, NAD come to mInd.

6. JMiP

JMiP AK Subscriber Subscriber

You want to look for a receiver/amp that states in its manual that it's OK to run 4 ohm speakers on them. My current JVC integrated amp states that it's OK to run 4 ohm speakers as long as they are the only ones being used. My amp is rated at 65 wpc for an 8 ohm load and 90 (95?) wpc for a 4 ohm load. I am currently using a pair of AR-2ax speakers, which are 8 ohms, but man, they need some volume to get them to their potential.

Please register to disable this ad.