Need Help on Possible Score

JimiJohnB

Hi guys,

I need help on possible Sansui score. A woman has listed a Sansui stereo system on the online for sale bulletin board where I work. When asked for specific model numbers of the separates, she gave me C-1000 as being the model number for what I'm assuming to be the amp in the system. I'm also curious as to whether or not the 'flat panel' speakers she describes below might be Magnepans. I haven't been able to find any information on a Sansui C-1000; if anyone knows anything about this or has info about what this system might possibly be, I'd be much appreciative. Her description of the system is below:

"i have a sansui stereo system (a divorce item left behind ) that i have no idea how to work. this system was complicated to me when first brought. all i know about it is that it contains 5 seperate systems and 3ft. high flat speakers. recently i brought a house and i cannot incorporate it any where. I have not used it in three years when i sold my home and had it disconnected. I do know that i have been told it is a very powerful system and can be used in a club. the cost was over $1,800.00 . i will sell it for $500.00 or i do have a room i could put it in if not sold, however, i would be willing to pay someone to connect it for me and show me how to use it. I live in the bartlett area and i am off on weekends if anyone lives close by and can stop by i would appreciate it."

Thanks for the help guys. I actually stumbled across that auction on eBay and saw that the C-1000 was indeed a preamp. The picture isn't very good on that auction, but first impressions aren't all that positive. I wrote her again to see if I could get more complete model numbers and the exact model and manufacturer of the speakers. I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.

-jb

Back
Top Bottom