Need help with a Pioneer CT-F7272

benjammin308

I'm trying to wake up a CT-F7272 that's been sitting around. I've cleaned it, changed the belts and applied a rubber conditioner to the various rubber rollers. Everything works great except the rewind. It works when there is no tape in there but when a cassette is in it the added drag is too much. The first rubber wheel (the larger one that contacts the motor shaft) spins during rewind, the slippage is between that wheel and the next one (I don't know any of the proper names for these parts). Any advice is welcome, it's frustrating to be so close to fully functional but not all the way there. Thank you!

Update: New idler tires did the trick. I couldn't find the right size at any of the sites that advertised idler tires so I used a rubber seal from McMaster Carr with the same dimensions and it worked perfect. A pack of 25 was about ten bucks, if anyone needs any let me know.

SOrry to revive this, but I cannot find the measurements for the Idler tires on the CT-F7272 anywhere... DOes OP or anyone else have these measurements?

Back
Top Bottom