Need help with noise on my quit new Vincent SV-237 amp?

Hung Bui

Hi.

I have been looking around for some info regarding my Vincent SV-237 but haven´t been lucky.

I have a noise issue on my amp. The noise is very low and sound like wind/air sound like and come from the mid range element of my 3-way speakers.

The noise can only be heard when you put your ear close to the element and no music is playing, Once when there is music on the noise can´t not be heard. I have tried another pair of speakers and same issue occurs there.

I have tried to disconnect all devices and only have the speakers connected to the amp but same noise and issue exist.

My question is, Do you (owner of Vincent SV amp) experience same issue? Or maybe my amp is faulty?

BR

Hung

You are hearing the noise floor of your amp? Perfectly normal. All mine do it.

Does it make a noise when: signal is off AND volume is off? Or only when signal os off but volume is on?

Does it make a noise when: signal is off AND volume is off? Or only when signal os off but volume is on?

Hi.

First of all, Ty you for your replay.

The noise can only be heard when amp is on and doesn´t matter if volyme is off or high, the noise can only be noticed with amp on and no music is playing. Once the Music is on the noise can´t be heard, even at very low volyme.

I am very new at HIFI, what is noise floor? Is it some kind of white noise from the tubes?

Does it make a noise when: signal is off AND volume is off?
--> Yes, still nosie when signal is off and volume is off ( but the amp is on).'

br

Hung

I'll wait for others to chime in, but it sounds very normal.

Hi.

Ty for your reply, I have opportunity to listen to another Vincent sv-237 amp at the local HIFI store. The noise is there to on the amp at the store. So maybe is normal for hydbrid Vincent amp.

It could be tube noise as well. You might try tube rolling, and replace the 6N1P tubes with another style and brand. Maybe something like this!

Good luck.

If you have to get your ear right up to the speaker to hear the noise, you're worrying too much. ;)

I briefly owned the upper-end Vincent monoblocks and one of their preamps. I was very happy when I let them go. Good luck with support if you ever have an issue. PM me if you want to know more details.

There are some smart people here. Maybe they can chime in about why this happens.

I have the phrase "open loop gain" in my head. Need to google.

Edit: googled. Disregard above please.

Last edited:
If you have to get your ear right up to the speaker to hear the noise, you're worrying too much. ;)

I briefly owned the upper-end Vincent monoblocks and one of their preamps. I was very happy when I let them go. Good luck with support if you ever have an issue. PM me if you want to know more details.

Go ahead and spill the beans...! We won't tell...! :naughty::deal::hug:

It could be tube noise as well. You might try tube rolling, and replace the 6N1P tubes with another style and brand. Maybe something like this!

Good luck.

Ty I think I will try to change the tubes, I know that the tubes in the sv-237 are some cheap chinese tubes.

Thanks once again for all the support for my issue.

Yes, it sounds like it could be tube hiss or the noise floor. But trying new, better tubes would be a start.

Hi.

I can read from the Vincent sv-237 manual that the amp is using 3 tubes, One 12ax7 tube and 2 6N1P-EV tubes. So if I want to change all tubes I need to buy 2 of those on the link you provided and one let say Mullard reissue 12ax7 ?

Am I on the right path of my thought? Or Can I use all 3 12ax7 tubes ?

BR Hung

Last edited:
Hi.

I can read from the Vincent sv-237 manual that the amp is using 3 tubes, One 12ax7 tube and 2 6N1P-EV tubes. So if I want to change all tubes I need to buy 2 of those on the link you provided and one let say Mullard reissue 12ax7 ?

Am I on the right path of my thought? Or Can I use all 3 12ax7 tubes ?

BR Hung

Yes, 3 tubes, Tube complement: 1 x 12AX7 and 2 x 6N1P-EV.

This 12AX7 tube seems to get very good reviews. Your Mullard too. Heck, lot's of available types, for both the 12AX7 and the 6N1P. Too much fun to choose from!

Back
Top Bottom