1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Tele Concerto 9U Radio....

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by racfan9, May 17, 2018.

1. racfan9

racfan9 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Good Evening All...Couple years ago I purchased a mint looking Telefunken Concerto 9U radio, I knew it wasn't powering up but took a chance hoping it might be something simple. Well I decided to dive into it yesterday and after a little testing figured it must have a bad power transformer, see pics. Anyway do any of you German radio enthusiasts know of any possible substitutes that can be used, or am I going to find an original one? If I remember correctly it has two wires for 110v and 4 wires for heaters and such. Any info will be much appreciated .

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. RWood

RWood Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded. Subscriber

A number of Telefunken or Grundig power transformers will work in that radio. Mono, seven tubes with an EL84 power tube, no tube rectifier but a full wave bridge rectifier. 250-250 VAC on the secondary.
    Very common specs. Two things to make sure of, beside the similarities I mentioned, is that the new one fits, physically, and that the donor radio was made for an Export market to the US (so it has the option for a 110V or 125V primary.)

You could do a WTB on Bartertown or on the antique radio forum classified section. There have got to be a lot of busted up parts radios out there.