Need info on Harman Kardon 730 score.

Mikeymax

On Sunday I picked up a HARMAN KARDON 730 Twin Powered Receiver. It was a cream puff looking unit sitting there at a Church parking lot rummage sale. When I started to walk away because there was NO AC power to test electronic items , :nono: they told me the owner said it worked just fine and that I could have it for a $5.00 church donation. I said sure. :yes: It's playin' right now and sounding pretty darn sweet. It does seem to be working flawlessly but I did not find much info doing a search. I'm hoping to hear from any H K fans who own one of these HK 730's or anyone w/spec. info or comments on this unit. I THANK YOU in advance. I've been away awhile but just missed all you GREAT AK Folks to stay away for too long. Guess I was tryin' to put my vintage audio gear obsession/addiction on the back burner for awhile. :yes:

Mikeymax,
It's a 40wpc receiver that was manufactured mid-70's and replaced the 930. There should be a ton of threads on this and other "Twin Powered Receivers". They are an AK favourite!! I own the 930 and the 430 and love them both!!

Ray

The HK website also has PDF manuals, etc... (but they seem to be missing the 730) Here's the link to detailed specs:
specs
nice score!

h/k 730 receiver Specifications and advertisement

40 watts RMS/channel @ 8ohms
Max THD @ .25 watts 0.1
Max IM distortion @ .25 watts 0.12
Phon sensitivity 2.5
Frequency range for FTC maximum output 4hz - 130khz
Phono overload 95mv
IHF tuner sensitivity 1.9 microvolts
Capture ratio 2db
De-emphasis 75
Alternate Channel selectivity 80db
Best s/n 65db
Price 419.95
Source 1976 Audio equipment directory.

Last edited:
High Fidelity Review of h/k 730 Receiver

From April 1976. Click on attachments below.

Attachments

• hk730-HF-p1of3.jpg
    hk730-HF-p1of3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 81
  • hk730-HF-p2of3.jpg
    hk730-HF-p2of3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 65
  • hk730-HF-p3of3.jpg
    hk730-HF-p3of3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 61
I bought an HK760 and am very impressed with it.I think if you do a search Manitoulin had links to download the service manuals.I know he had one for the 760 which I downloaded.Quite a bit more user friendly than some other manufacturers manuals as far as showing how to set bias and offset.

What is an h/k 760?

ZeroJunk said:
I bought an HK760 and am very impressed with it.I think if you do a search Manitoulin had links to download the service manuals.I know he had one for the 760 which I downloaded.Quite a bit more user friendly than some other manufacturers manuals as far as showing how to set bias and offset.

There were the h/k 730 and the h/k 750; both were receivers. What was the h/k 760?

I love that line of HK receivers… They are the best sounding receivers ever made… IMO… I guess it’s because I grow up listing to them all my life… :music:

h/k 730 - External and Internal Views

:thmbsp:
Considering that this receiver was designed over 30 years ado (1975), it still remains a personal favorite based on appearance.

Perhaps, the prettiest h/k receiver! :scratch2:

Attachments

• hk730_front_a.jpg
    hk730_front_a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 69
  • HK-730-in.jpg
    HK-730-in.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom