Need new cart for Yamaha YP-211

husar

C53AAC1F-51DF-406A-AE1D-3DB8F5602CBE.jpeg I’m in need of a new cartridge for my YP-211. Here is a photo above of the one that came with the table. Not sure what it is and I’ve never had to buy or replace a cartridge before.

Based on price alone I was wondering if an AT-95e cartridge will work? I believe it is just under fifty dollars on amazon.

I read another post about replacement cartridges for the YP-211 but it was from 2010 so not sure if something else in my price would be better today.

Thanks

Still hoping someone can offer some help if the AT-95e will work and identification of the cart that is on the turntable now. Thanks.

Still hoping someone can offer some help if the AT-95e will work and identification of the cart that is on the turntable now. Thanks.

The Audio Technica AT 95E will work fine with the Yamaha YP-211 tone arm.

The cartridge on the tone arm is a Grado, is it gold color ( unable to determine the model )?

That Yamaha headshell is quite valuable - it has build in azimuth adjustment capability. :thumbsup:

The Audio Technica AT 95E will work fine with the Yamaha YP-211 tone arm.

The cartridge on the tone arm is a Grado, is it gold color ( unable to determine the model )?

That Yamaha headshell is quite valuable - it has build in azimuth adjustment capability. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I ended up buying the shell and hinges after having the 211 for about a year. I think I paid $96 for cover and hinges together. The shell is in surprising good condition but damn it was expensive.

Back
Top Bottom