Need NTE90

dbsupercrew

Need to find and NTE90 or a replacement for a Marantz PM 500 I was given. I have had no luck so far......anybody???

brown13 said:
Need to find and NTE90 or a replacement for a Marantz PM 500 I was given. I have had no luck so far......anybody???

Just out of curiosity whats the original part number?

I'm confused...why is it you want to go so far out of your way to buy an inferior part?

Just wondering...

please enlighten oh great one (no flames, just humility) is there a replacement? now I'm confused,,,,,,,ya know what confusion.....say............stay confused,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Of course there is. For one, the 2SC1400 is a pretty Plain-Jane transistor... 100V, 50mA, 250mW, 100MHz ft. However, it is a pretty high-gain device.

Tell me what the part is actually doing in the circuit, and I can tell you what to put in. Offhand, I'd use a Zetex ZTX694B, but the leg arrangement on the Zetex is CBE rather than the ECB arrangement of the original C1400 transistor. If the PC board holes are in a 'triangle' arrangement, then it's no problem at all, but if the holes are close together in-line, then it means some lead bending and manipulation, but I do it all the time.

If you want an original 2SC1400, I can find them easily, but nearly all the places that have them require a minumum order anywhere from $15 to $50. Digikey has no minimum, but if the order is under $25 there is a $5 handling fee.

It is in the output section on one channel of a Marantx PM 500. Both of the finals are blown as well as this component and a couple of resistors. The holes are in a triangular arrangement. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom