Need small preamp for car use. NE5532 or MAX4410

Bassblaster

Gettings, back with the projects again.
Need some help with making a small preamp to take an about 30mV RMS signal from a junk phone to about 0.5V RMS. trying to decide if i should use an NE5532 or a ready made MAX4410 module. if i go the 5532 route, what setup would i use for it? since i only want a gain of about i think 6 (probably wrong there) with no bass, mid or treble controls, it should be fairly simple.
i threw together this quick schematic using a 5532. but im sure im missing somithing. other than supply decoupling, just forgot to add that.
upload_2017-12-8_21-46-55.png

What do you guys think? NE5532 or MAX4410 for a small, fixed value preamp?

Your schematics have no amplifying at all.
I suggest you to use schematics from Cambridge Azur 340A for portable device input preamplifier. a340a.jpg

Your schematics have no amplifying at all.
I suggest you to use schematics from Cambridge Azur 340A for portable device input preamplifier. View attachment 1062242
That image is too small for me to see the schematic. but what is its gain? i need at MOST 1VRMS coming out of this. i know some receiver preamps ive played with can have 5VRMS or more from a 100mV signal. Which is also why im considering the MAX4410 as it is a headphone amplifier, which in a nutshell is what im looking for. just super small and has to run from a single 12V

I remember using CA3130 back in those days....I even crosscoupled feedback a little for mids and highs to get the "spatial stereo" effect which sounded "nice"in the car. For use in the car, have a protection diode in series with power, a small resistor and a smoothing cap.

Sorry, image is too small, you can find this service manual on HiFiEngine. Gain can be easy altered with resistor in NFB loop.

One of my old phones did not have enough grunt to run my amp. I built a CMOY using a 5532 (because I had one). For the power supply I used (2) 9V batteries to derive the complimentary rails. It ran for a long time with intermittent use before the batteries needed changing. The system sounded fine to me. You can also series connect (2) 9V for +/- 18VDC. It's been a awhile since I built mine but I likely used the tangentsoft schematic. It was for another opamp but they tend to use the same basic circuit.

Back
Top Bottom