Need some help deciding what to use

floridagirl

Ok, here's what I've got...just bought a 65" Samsung UN65KS8000 SUHD TV. Wanted to hook up a hts, so started looking on apps like Offerup, Letgo, 5miles & found a JVC RX-7000VBK receiver with a JVC center speaker (can't see model # as there is a hanging clip over it, but it looks like it matches the 2 bookshelf speakers model #SP-XS75(C) ) for $15. I then found 2 Klipsch floor speakers model #KG3.5 & an ENERGY e:XL.S8 subwoofer for $30. And then all the following from one person for $20: 2 Fisher floor speakers (can't read any model # unless you hold it a certain way in the light...looks like a C & then maybe a 67 & 595...now whether that's actually what it says I don't know); a Kenwood subwoofer SW305; 2 Teac bookshelf speakers that just say 2-way speaker system; 2 Emerson 60-1409 bookshelf speakers; & some unknown speakers model #RS2041. My living room is approximately 11' x 24'. The couch is against the back wall, 2 recliners to the left, love seat to the right & tv will be directly across from couch. I know that technically the receiver is a 5.1 so the "rear speakers" aren't really rear & should be placed on the side walls, but that's not a possibility. So here's what I'm thinking, the tv will be on a swivel stand with the JVC center speaker under it, the receiver on the shelf under that(?)...the 2 klipsch on either side of tv...and here's where the real questions come...which subwoofer is best & where should I place it? Should I use the JVC bookshelves (which I'm going to have to put on the back wall close to the corner & angled towards each other?), the Teac's, the Emerson's or the larger Fishers? I don't want to blast the people in the recliners or the loveseat, but I don't have anywhere else to put them.

Oh & I'm obviously not an audiophile, so please consider that when replying. I don't know what most of these accessories, etc., that y'all talk about are...I just want to provide the best sound I can with what I've got. Again via for any help anyone can give!

Forgot to mention that I bought a 100' of C&E 14AWG wire, a MediaBridge subwoofer cable & a BlueRigger digital optical cable to run from the tv to the receiver as there are no HDMI hookups on the receiver (I believe JVC said the receiver is 17 yrs old...although out sounds great). Is there anything else I need? Oh & I have DirecTV so the box will also have to be hooked up. Now, I thinks that's it....as I'm sure y'all are saying 'thank God'! bahahahaha

Trust your ears on which speakers to use for the rears. Music may help you decide which pair has the best timbre match to your mains.

I would try to use both subs. Best location is usually determined via the "sub crawl" method (google it). Multiple subs makes the location less critical. An RCA y-splitter willlet you send the subwoofer signal to both subs.

Good luck!

Thank you very much...I'll do that! Appreciate you taking the time to answer & to do it in a manner that I can understand

Back
Top Bottom