1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help with my Infinity Monitor IIA's

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by Galaxie65, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Galaxie65

Galaxie65 Always looking for new gear to try Subscriber

So I snagged a pair of Infinity Monitor IIA's and I'm going to start the process of bringing them back to life. I didn't realize that there was a forum just for Infinity...... So I started a thread in the speaker forum..

Here is a link for reference, however I will ask a few questions here.

What woofers can I use that are replacements or as close to original for these monitors? I have some oddball woofers that are inside and I need to replace them. So if there is anything I can source I'll start there.

The mids need a little help as the wire is broke on both, naturally right?

Any help would be appreciated folks!

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....nitor-iia’s-tonight-need-some-woofers.846863/

Please register to disable this ad.

2. CDELON

CDELON Active Member

Congrats on the find.
    This site can be helpful. Infinityclassics>de>technik>manuals
    12inch woofer NLA
    Substitute: 902-1187
    1 1/2 inch midrange NLA
    Substitute:902-0206
    Tweeter 902-0129
    Super Tweeter 902-0060

Hope this helps. You could do a Google search or check Ebay for the woofers. If they can be found, your in the right place. Someone should be able to direct you to a set on AK.

3. Galaxie65

Galaxie65 Always looking for new gear to try Subscriber

Thanks! I did get a .pdf of that and I'm happy it was available. Another member gave that to me so it has helped out. I'm still looking to source the woofers but didn't have luck finding any on the bay.

4. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Hens teeth rarity are the 12 inch originals, however the 12" poly replacement show sometimes on the bay.

5. goodolpg

goodolpg Just an old fart trying to help. Subscriber

Ok, if, IF, IF the 902-1187 is an appropriate replacement, then 490602 (clear cones) and 490702 (gray cones) may also work.
    Only concern is I think the Monitors had the doped cone woofer as OEM, and the 1187 and 602/702 all have poly cones.
    But if indeed they are valid substitutions that would allow you to cast a wider net in your search.
    Good luck!

6. swechsler

swechsler Frog Whisperer

Don't rely on remembering to do a search on eBay. Set up an automated search for the model numbers of the woofers, and also look for the speaker name (and others with compatible drivers) with the word woofer.

CDELON likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. CDELON

CDELON Active Member

Swechsler is correct. Broaden your search terms. I have found woofers in the past under Infinity speaker parts. They only needed refoamed. They didn't come up in the others searches that I did. I don't believe that item designation is even a option when selling. ?? But there they were.