Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

Larry, The whole AK family is pulling for you, your wife, and all of your family.

Sending all our prayers your way and any karma we can scrape up. Take care and we are planning for a devil treatment plan by the docs.

Regards
Mister Pig

UPDATE for Sat Morning;
WHYASKIT: No extubation yet. They want to redo the bronchoscopy as they found (I found out last night) a few alveoli torn in the Right Lung at the 1st bifucation (fork in the road). Not sure why it happened but it wasn't from the original bronchoscopy (I watched the film last night and they were leaking blood as the scope came up to them). The Chief of Service is giving me some privileges that non medical visitors don't get (read the chart, look at the films, etc. when I ask and they can accomodate me)as I did 4 years as a Navy Corpsman attached to Marines and Independent duty on a Sub, (Note the Lack of an "E" in the word!) and kept my EMT/CRT certs up to date until about 10 years ago. He was a Marine in the late 60's Early 70's and then went to Medical School.
Wife retired after 43 years as ICU/CCU Nurse at another local Hospital near here. She's 7 years older than I am. I'm 62.

Her Catheter got pulled Early y'day as her kidneys aren't putting out any amount to count really. So to keep from getting a UTI they'll check her twice daily with an ultrasound. She had a lighter sedation y'day, so she'd open her eye's in response and hand gestures that don't make sense (yet). Neuro checks are good, so no apparent motor deficits (so far) from the code the other night.

She won't wear her glasses yet to read the "I AM" (Tired, thirsty, frustrated, in pain, etc.) chart to tell us what she wants. I'll get her a small white board with markers today or tomorrow, so she can write out what she wants, but her time awake is shorter than 1 or two words.

Off to the Hospital with my Laptop. Anything significant and I'll post it as soon as I can.

Again, Guys and Gals, Thank you for the kind words, encouragement, and prayers for Dorcas.

Larry

I'm late to this thread,...

May the peace of the Lord be with you. Healing prayers for Dorcas.

Last edited:
Larry;

Prayers for both of you and your sons! We will continue to remember Dorcas and all of you in our prayers. May God bless you all!

Joe

Larry, may God bless you and your family. May God give you and your wife the strength and guidance you both desperately need. Don't ever forget that we as your AK family love you brother and wish nothing but the best for each an every member. Don't lose hope and never give up my friend!

Back
Top Bottom