Need someone smarter than me! Can’t record using APT Holman Preamp

Can I get some help with some members who have used the APT Holman Preamp.

My first mistake was not checking recording capability after sending to Audio Proz for level 3 upgrade I certainly don’t want to call the rude owner of Audio Proz so he can talk to me like I am 12 years old!

I had to walk away 4 times now afraid of my blood pressure getting dangerously high.

I can’t record a album to my Teac 3300S. I know the fault is not with the Teac.

I really would appreciate someone’s kindness!

Thanks

I've not got one of these, but I have looked at it using a well known search engine :naughty: and it looks like you should connect you tape machine to tape 1 input and output (obviously tape out on amp to tape in on recorder - sorry if this is teaching grandma to suck eggs), but make sure that both tape dubbing selectors are not in as that will prevent the main input signals from reaching the tape decks. With the dubbing buttons out, both the tape outputs should be connected to whatever the listening selector is pointing to - unless somebody has mucked about with it's internals :(

Hook up to external processor out, just to make sure. You can use it as a line out. It remains active even when not enabled on the front panel.

As a musician, I use it to pull audio samples from anything plugged into it without risking a feedback loop.

I like talking to Vince. I just shut up and listen.

Sounds like "no record" is user error to me.

Not home so can't look at the jacks (Holman pre & A3300 - I have them too) but depending on how they're labeled, maybe you've got plugs in the wrong holes?

I like talking to Vince. I just shut up and listen.

Sounds like "no record" is user error to me.

Not home so can't look at the jacks (Holman pre & A3300 - I have them too) but depending on how they're labeled, maybe you've got plugs in the wrong holes?

I’m still on the floor laughing about grandma sucking eggs...

I understand that you listen.

Recording Head is erasing previous recorded music on another Teac. It’s okay

Back
Top Bottom