Need Speaker Plans

breadhead

Hello,

My brother just finished building a set of Jericho Horns that his son really loves. The problem is that the Jericho Horns are much to big for his son's needs. Can anyone suggest some really good speaker plans for speakers that are about 1/2 the size of the Jericho Horns. Something in the studio monitor size.

Thank you,
Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm not familiar with the Jericho to know what size it is. Unless you fold the horn or lengthen its path with fancy designs and good carpentry skills, the size of it determines the bottom end.

Parts Express sells several books on speaker building. Not too many here building horns, but maybe somebody is familiar with a good design floating around.

-Ed

Well, what drivers are we talking about here? As a side note, what is he going to do with the Jericos?

Looking at Paudio and Fostex

Hello and thanks for responses. We have a pair of Paudio speakers, (6 inch), and a pair of Fostex FE206E, and also a set of Fostex FE208 Sigma series.

Thanks,
Jim

Well, there are the recommended plans from Fostex on the Madisound website. There is also an alternative plan by a gent named Ron on the FullRangeDriver forum at http://fullrangedriver.com/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1.

Ron's plan for the FE206E is a bit smaller than the Fostex plan and is supposed to sound excellent. The smallest I know if for that driver is the mass loaded transmission line, which essentially is a bass reflex box with a lot of stuffing (mass) in the correct place. There is also a correction circuit necessary for this design. I believe it's a Bob Brines or Martin King plan, but I could be wrong. You should be able to find out info on the FullRange forum or through google by typing in FE206E MLTL.

Good luck, those are some nice drivers you have to play with. Please post your project and thoughts.

Martin King Boxes

Hello again and again I thank you for giving such informative responses! I have actually built a set of Martin Kings, (exceptionally nice person always willing to help), MLTL boxes with the baffle step correction circuit and they sound great. I have also heard the Jericho's and I am now building a set of Hedlund Horns. I am just really having a ball with this stuff! I am new to tube amps and also speaker building so I am constantly experimenting.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom