Need to find a good rotor............

Jeff M

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My cheapie rotor that I bought in a pinch is history. I got it at the local hardware several years ago. I am quite familiar with the older CDE rotors and have had several back in my CB days with big moonrakers. Those were pretty good rotors(Ham 2,3,4 and CD44). Now I need a medium duty rotor for my Winegard 6065(10 element). I do like the brake like used on the CDE's. Am I better off trying to find an older CDE or are there some quality rotors that are dependable these days that aren't crazy $$, like some of the Yaesu's, Any suggestions?

Not much to chose from these days. I had a Channel Master installed a few years back now, it is still working okay. For the price I am satisfied with its operation. I did do a slight mod, I coated the top rubber gasket with silicone as the old one had cracked and allowed water to enter, which I assume attributed to it failure. The digital remote works fine.

+1 on the Channel Master / remote. Totally silent, compared to the grinder that used to power
these things. I've got two large-ish antennas hung on one pole. 11 years and counting.

The problem with used rotors is the harsh environment they have to endure.
It's a quandry.

Do a little searching for rebuilt rotators. There was a fellow who did outstanding work on the old HD-73s and sold control units too.

Back
Top Bottom