Needed parts?

shawng

I just bought a au-d77x and the previous owner took it apart and a bunch of clips are broken, the display moves around and so does the eq., and the loudness button is broke. I was wondering if the botton can be fixed or if it needs replaced and what is the recomended way to keep the display and eq. in place?

Is this the same AU-D77X that you mentioned in a previous post- the one in the thrift store for $100?

If so, who took it apart?- the thrift store or the owner who sold (gave, or whatever the situation is) it to the thrift store?

While I do sympathize with your dilemna, I dont understand why you bought it, only to give yourself problems now in trying to fix it.

Unless I've overlooked something, I dont recall you mentioning these problems until now. Had you mentioned it before, I wouldve told you to pass on it, as you can instead spend $100 on another Sansui amp that works properly on Ebay and avoid the headache you have now in trying to get parts/fix the AU-D77X.

Perhaps some other members here can provide some suggestions, but I think you should go after the person who was messing around with the amp, or whatever it is that he did to it so that it got that way, and have him come up with a solution to his problem that you you inherited.

Yeah this is the same amp at the thrift store. It was there on consignment and while i was in the field I had my wife pick it up. Now it's to late to return it.The owner also had a yamaha tuner tx-930 and he wanted $100 for that too. I had my wife offer them $150 for both and we got them. The tuner is perfect.The amp sounds really good, it's just falling apart.

Back
Top Bottom