NEEO Remote

chicks

Lunatic Member
Anyone tried this universal remote? Looks great, probably a bit buggy still, but looks very promising as more and more remotes for my ever-increasing list of gadgets pile up.

Not sure it would replace the superbly well designed Amazon FireTV remote, with its voice search ability, but the dreadful AppleTV remote, probably the worst remote ever conceived, is sorely in need of something better. The TV, soundbar, Sonos, FireTV, AppleTV, etc, all in one remote, with “recipes” to automate switching devices on, the TV to the correct input, etc, sounds fantastic.

http://www.hometech.fm/blog/neeoremotereview

Anyone tried this universal remote? Looks great, probably a bit buggy still, but looks very promising as more and more remotes for my ever-increasing list of gadgets pile up.

Not sure it would replace the superbly well designed Amazon FireTV remote, with its voice search ability, but the dreadful AppleTV remote, probably the worst remote ever conceived, is sorely in need of something better. The TV, soundbar, Sonos, FireTV, AppleTV, etc, all in one remote, with “recipes” to automate switching devices on, the TV to the correct input, etc, sounds fantastic.

http://www.hometech.fm/blog/neeoremotereview

I have a Harmony that works with Amazon Echo. A dream remote would have voice control over everything from the AppleTV to the Nvidia Shield. I just don't think it will happen because of licensing. As a result, I still have the AppleTV remote and the stupid game controller my Shield came with.

Nope on the NEEO. +1 on Harmony. I have four Harmony Hubs around the house -- hooked up to Amazon Echo products (1 show and 4 dots). I use a couple of the TP-link smart plugs to turn on vintage Sansui's in a couple rooms within Bluetooth range of the echo show in the kitchen. I have a couple cheap Amazon Bluetooth receivers plugged into the "switched" outlets on the Sansui's (for casual listening/entertaining only -- I also feed the same systems via a couple Raspberry PIs -> iFi iDSD's for serious listening). This way, casual music is just two voice commands away. "Alexa, turn on den stereo" (the Bluetooth connects automatically) and "Alexa, play 70's music" or "Alex, play Pandora channel Cat Stevens" or "Alexa, ask Plex to play the album..." for playing from the NAS. The Bluetooth quality is fine for background music. Alexa will launch any of the Harmony activities via "Alexa, ask Harmony to ....". I don't see any references to voice control on the NEEO page. I am too spoiled to go without it now.

Oh, already have voice control throughout the house via Sonos and Dots, no Bluetooth required. It’s the expanding pile of remotes for the different flavors of TV streaming devices I’m more interested in, though the Neeo appears to also have much better Sonos integration than Harmony, as well, with simpler (fewer) buttons and better screen. Still researching...

Back
Top Bottom