NEGATIVE Feedback for Kasra

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
From the Auction to benefit AudioKarma forum, merrylander's Yamaha CR-640, you will find the following exchange:

luvvinvinyl said:
Kasra said:
Comment Date: June 28, 2006

i won an auction for a better receiver, forgot i had outbid someone again on this and was still the high bidder. my irresponsible move. ban me if merited, i deserve it for this one.

i won't be buying it.

Your bids have been deleted. Since you are not selling anything, this is as close to 'leaving feedback' as this forum will permit.

By not honouring your bid, you are defaulting on a promise, not just to a seller, but to all of AK. The only thing each of us has, when dealing with another, is the strength of our word, our bond. In this community, we place a high value on integrity. You have demonstrated that your word is no good, that you will not keep a promise, that you have no integrity, when it comes to a business transaction.

Thank you for making this evident to all of us. The rest of the AudioKarma community knows what to expect from you.

I submit this negative feedback, for your consideration and edification. Please be forewarned.

Well this is the first time I have seen something like this on AK. :sigh: Its just a damn shame.

Last edited:
Sounds relatively honest, but yes, it's a shame. I was thinking the other day that I didn't think I had ever seen negative feedback on here.

Ed

it was bound to happen eventually..our sheer #'s are way up there and the more users we have the more often we will see this type of thing.
AK isn't such a small 'family' anymore.
Tal

Legal Question

It's more than a shame. Retracting a bid from a "benefit auction" takes it to the next level of value-bankruptcy.

According to his profile, Kasra is under 18. Might explain why he takes his word and his commitment less seriously than the vast majority of adulthood.

LEGAL QUESTION: Should restrictions be placed on members who are under 18? For example, what if he'd decided to actually pay for the unit by using some of his college money? Couldn't his parents demand the money back from AK on the grounds that he wasn't old enough to enter into a legally-binding contract?

FYI TO KASRA: Most irresponsible adults were irresponsible kids first.

Don't be too hard on him, the 'better' receiver he found seems to be a really hosed Sansui 909DB which should keep him occupied for some time. :)

Rob

merrylander said:
Don't be too hard on him, the 'better' receiver he found seems to be a really hosed Sansui 909DB which should keep him occupied for some time. :) Rob
Kasra-karma strikes quickly, does it not?

Hiya Brothers!

2,000 years ago; a lady was given trial and judged for something that she had done. The verdict announced that she was to be stoned to death! Before it could happen, a Man that I know said, "Let him who has never sinned cast the first stone!" The lady later became a Saint because of this personal touch!

Blaming others is easy; too easy, and when we have the facts and figures to back us; then it becomes an obsession! We are tired of blaming ourselves and this is why, when we get the opportunity to hurl our disrecpect to others, we do it very willingly. We not only cannot help the other, we also progressively destroy any hope of forgiving ourselves for our own trespasses. This makes a man hard, cold and bitter in spite of his apparent sweetness and justice.

Let the man go in Peace :)
cosmicdust.

Soft is the way to go. I think the "public" admission is important, but frankly I would have purchased the auction item anyway (one can always find the money somehow....legally!) and at worst case, turn-around and sell either one to end up with the other and the money comes back and most everyone is happy.

Too bad all around...but there is wisdom in what cosmicdust speaks.

Right On

cosmicdust said:
Hiya Brothers!

2,000 years ago; a lady was given trial and judged for something that she had done. The verdict announced that she was to be stoned to death! Before it could happen, a Man that I know said, "Let him who has never sinned cast the first stone!" The lady later became a Saint because of this personal touch!

Blaming others is easy; too easy, and when we have the facts and figures to back us; then it becomes an obsession! We are tired of blaming ourselves and this is why, when we get the opportunity to hurl our disrecpect to others, we do it very willingly. We not only cannot help the other, we also progressively destroy any hope of forgiving ourselves for our own trespasses. This makes a man hard, cold and bitter in spite of his apparent sweetness and justice.

cosmicdust.
Awesome, Jay.

cosmicdust said:
Hiya Brothers!

cosmicdust.

Personally, I believe "generating" good karma includes the ability to forgive.

In your personal dealings with Kasra, do as you see fit. In my capacity as a member, transacting business with anyone, Kasra included, I do likewise.

In the matter about which I posted, as an administrator, I have an obligation, to AudioKarma, and its members, to make known what happened, lest someone say, "You knew about this and kept quiet?" That is the very reason for the existence of negative feedback.

Follow your own heart about how this information influences your actions.

Ernie - this one was worth sharing. Thanks for the warning, and for being up to the challenge of a being a forum adminstrator.

Hiya Luv Vinyl,

A man must do his duties no matter what he is faced with. It takes courage for this in view of all the adversities. Your posting is relevant and appropriate :)

Thank you :)
cosmicdust.

Maybe some good will come from this. Maybe Kasra will realise he's gonna have to straighten up & fly right, & decide what kind of man he wants to be. Perhaps he did not benefit from having a strong moral compass to guide him as he was growing up- Hopefully, this episode will help show him the way. Altho I think about all of us here knew the difference between right & wrong a long time before we were officially adults, I guess not everybody does. I had it figured out a LONG time ago that my word was supposed to be my bond...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom