NEGATIVE Feedback for Kasra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tis a shame, but I fear a trend with the younger generation these days, but then that is a whole other thread.

If no one steps forward, I will still honor my bid of $100 for the Yamaha. If I win, I plan on having it shipped to an AK member.

I can't honestly say if I would have done differently from Kasra when I was his age, then again the internet was just barely beginning back then. With this new age, new opportunities are available to the younger generations to express themselves. And yet along with these new options come a greater chance to make mistakes and let people down on a larger scale than ever before. I get the feeling someone will need to be closing this thread before long.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is that the auction is still going on... why didn't he wait till he
was outbid and just not worry about it? :dunno:

I guess I have to at least give him credit for dropping out during the auction and that
he didn't wait till he had won it and then drop out... :scratch2:

Scott

He's already given himself the worst spanking he could get, and he pulled his own hickory-switch to do it. It will take quite a while for him to earn back what he's lost. It might do him some good to put forth the effort to do just that.

I am not as forgiving as some, if one enters into a deal with another a handshake should be enough....or ones word!!! Kasra has shown me I cannot trust him by his own actions, to earn that trust back it will again need to be his actions that earn it!!!! Kasra, everyone ( including myself) make mistakes in life, its how we react to them that make us the people we are..................

On a positive note-at least he didn't win the auction, and then not answer e-mails, etc.

I find it very interesting how this site that boasts of the importance of karma has so many members that seem often very quick to judge and punish others (I have read many other threads inwhich the same thing has happened to other members that dare say or do something that could be misunderstood or disliked). I guess that action indicates they actually believe it is better to judge and punish as opposed to simply having conversations about how we can all help everybody become better people, not just those who give us some material possesion or cold hard cash. Is there not an important aspect of "good karma" inwhich a person who wants good karma must help others whenever possible without expecting something directly in return? On top of all that... "Kasra" is a child! Does that mean anything to any of you that have apparently attempted to crucify him? Do you have the same views towards the elderly or the mentally challenged. Age is also something that should not be held against someone. Even if he was over 18 he should be dealt with in a more respectable manner if this site of "karma" is what it is said to be.
To ban anybody without respectful conversation to understand why someone did or said whatever is against all that "karma" is intended to accomplish.

P.S. I really appreciate the knowledge and wisdom from "Cosmicdust". We are fortunate to have such a member.

Last edited:
Just to fill in some blanks, and not to preach another sermon, kasra did send me an email via AK to note that he had posted a message at the auction site. I have not been following it so I went and looked for his post. That was the extent of any 'conversation' between he and I. Until this thread I had no idea of his age or any other information regarding him nor am I curious about him. I found his manner of letting me know he was backing out to be rather abrupt and strange, but not anything I plan to lose sleep over.

AK members who have dealt with me can tell you that I generally ship before the check arrives simply because the timing is convenient. In my 75 years on this earth I have trusted people and seldom been disappointed. I simply do not have the time or energy to waste in doing otherwise.

Rob

This is prompted mostly by Bobby Brady's post ... AK has grown very fast from a small village, where new folks very quickly got to know the regulars and vice versa, to a rapidly growing small city in which it is impossible to know everyone. Luvinvinyl's post that started this thread was not a personal attack, but pointed out the facts - somebody not only failed to follow through on a bid made on this site, but did so on an auction for the benefit of the community. This matters. Should we forgive kasra? Sure, if he learns from this feedback and becomes a member of the community - he could have been banned, but wasn't. Should we - and kasra - take the feedback seriously? Yes, if AK is to continue to be a community and not just another url. I want a deal made here to mean more than a deal made at some random place on the web, and that's what I think this thread is about.

I understand you and I agree that you are correct but what I read from many others does not seem to me to be inline with your point.
The main point I tried to make is that if those who control this site are genuine in thier desire to spread good karma then I should expect more words to learn and grow from.
Is it unreasonable to expect more from those who control this site?

Bobby Brady said:
I find it very interesting how this site that boasts of the importance of karma has so many members that seem often very quick to judge and punish others (I have read many other threads inwhich the same thing has happened to other members that dare say or do something that could be misunderstood or disliked).

P.S. I really appreciate the knowledge and wisdom from "Cosmicdust". We are fortunate to have such a member.

Bobby Brady:

If you think about it I'll bet you haven't read "many" other threads like this one. Especially in the short time you have been here. I'm certain not that many exist.

If you really take the time to read I know you will find countless threads where individuals are praised, congratulated, thanked, given attaboys, encouraged, consoled, advised, learned from, taught, teased, etc. I'm sure you get my point. These are the threads of AK.

AK puts a high value on the word of its members. If someone doesn't keep their word (as in this instance) I think it is fair and appropriate for that fact to be made known. Maybe it's what appears to be "piling on" that bothers you and I don't think it is that at all. It's nothing more than members expressing their opinions. Read those threads I referred to above and you will see the same thing.

Terry

Mr. Brady, I am sure that you have discovered that not all of life's lessons are learned easily, or without discomfort. Young Mr. Kasra made a decision, without any inquiry, on his part, as to whether something could be worked out. To his credit, he posted before the end of the auction, of his decision that he would not fulfill his bid. That decision, however, is not without consequences. The consequences of his decision are that I have posted negative feedback. I did not judge the young man, only stated that he has demonstrated that he lacked integrity, with respect to this business transaction. If Mr. Kasra is old enough to 'play' on the internet, and old enough to bid on an item, then he is old enough to receive negative feedback for his decision to renege on his bid. That is a proportional response. I can think of no better way to learn the value of honour, than to pay the price for failing to be honourable. As RichPA stated, Kasra has NOT been banned, even though it has been suggested to me that I do so.

As for controlling the speech of others, I didn't do that to them, as I have not done so, to you.

There have been many good points brought out in this thread and I really can't add much. AK has grown a whole lot from the modest start of just a few dozen members to the thousands we now have.

We should always try and retain the best of that small town community feel. I know I was able to sell a hi end FM tuner listed here and the buyer, who seldom posts, said he just felt more comfortable about buying from the AK site Vs E-bay and the other more commercial sites. This reputation is something we should strive to protect and I think the large number of posts on this thread bears that out.

<18 year olds do screw up at times, it's part of growing up, but I think we have sent the appropriate message to this trespasser of trust. May he learn from this.

Lefty

Here's my .05 cents worth on this one.....

I work in center for male youth with problematic substance misuse and this my friends doesn't even touch the severity of some of the young men's mistakes I have helped them sort out in the course of working with them. I can understand he made a mistake but haven't we all? I can attest that the young men I work with don't need another person in their lives punishing them for this mistakes, but mentors to guide them. I hope when my son is 18 and makes a mistake or two, or three...... :) that the people in my community (this forum is a community is it not?) is embraced by the community, taught right from wrong and lead in a positive way.

luvvinvinyl said:
Mr. Brady, I am sure that you have discovered that not all of life's lessons are learned easily, or without discomfort. Young Mr. Kasra made a decision, without any inquiry, on his part, as to whether something could be worked out. To his credit, he posted before the end of the auction, of his decision that he would not fulfill his bid. That decision, however, is not without consequences. The consequences of his decision are that I have posted negative feedback. I did not judge the young man, only stated that he has demonstrated that he lacked integrity, with respect to this business transaction. If Mr. Kasra is old enough to 'play' on the internet, and old enough to bid on an item, then he is old enough to receive negative feedback for his decision to renege on his bid. That is a proportional response. I can think of no better way to learn the value of honour, than to pay the price for failing to be honourable. As RichPA stated, Kasra has NOT been banned, even though it has been suggested to me that I do so.

As for controlling the speech of others, I didn't do that to them, as I have not done so, to you.

This pretty much sums it up folks, well said Ernie!!! :thmbsp:

cosmicdust said:
Hiya Brothers!

2,000 years ago; a lady was given trial and judged for something that she had done. The verdict announced that she was to be stoned to death! Before it could happen, a Man that I know said, "Let him who has never sinned cast the first stone!" The lady later became a Saint because of this personal touch!

Hey, I know that dude, too! Are you talkin' about Rufus McGhee?

Some years ago, a young boy I know (14 at the time) told his grandmother a lie, and not the first one either. His Grandmother who was honest to a fault, felt that this latest lie was one lie too many, and drew him aside, explaining that although she loved and cherished him, that she was no longer able to trust him, and did not know whether she would ever be able to trust him again.

The boy was crushed, his heart broken. For years after, the boy tried his best to be honest in all his dealings, honest in his promises, and most of all, true to his word. His goal, to earn back what he had lost. Although he failed often, years later, when the boy had become a man, he overheard his grandmother in conversation with a friend; "If that boy tells you something, or makes you a promise, you can take it to the bank!". It was the proudest day of that boys life... Still is.

Boys, lessons that don't sting a little, don't usually stick either. I don't think he should be banned, nor do I think that the comments in this thread are out of line. He made a mistake, but mistakes have consequences, being brought to task is one of them. I don't think we should give up on him, after all my grandmother never gave up on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom