Neil Young equipment auction Dec 9

I heard he left the ranch to his ex.
Him & DH have already moved to LA.

"Left" the ranch? Or the Judge said she'd get the ranch?

Well I guess the rich and famous don't just sell their stuff on CL in order to pay their alimony.

I am big NY fan, but sad as Pegi seemed to be better half for nearly 30 years.

This ^^^^....

I remember reading somewhere that he first became interested in toy trains because his son(s) with CP really enjoyed them.
He was even part owner of Lionel trains for awhile and IIRC he is still on their board of directors.
I believe he also holds some patents for such as well.

So there's a quick explaination behind that deal.

FWIW

Bret P.
Rumor has it that he helped bail out Lionel during a time of financial difficulty.

Rumor has it that he helped bail out Lionel during a time of financial difficulty.
Wikipedia set: Young was part owner of Lionel, LLC, a company that makes toy trains and model railroad accessories. In 2008 Lionel emerged from bankruptcy and his shares of the company were wiped out. He was instrumental in the design of the Lionel Legacy control system for model trains, and remains on the board of directors of Lionel. He has been named as co-inventor on seven US patents related to model trains.

Prices listed are estimated selling prices. Can be confusing sometimes, especially with the lowballs on a lot of the electronics here. Take the Dragon for instance. That will reach the high estimate within the first 5 seconds of bidding.
A Dragon for $400? They left off at least a 1 in front of that if not a 2 with it being Young's.

A lot of those estimates are wayyyyyyy lowwwwww for what those will fetch. On a Saturday, in Beverly Hills (more or less) near christmas plus celebrity cachet.

But I may go just to bid on those MAC pieces to see if maybe too old and weathered for the big money folks. J/K....... they will also fetch top dollar and some.

Don't forget the 25% buyers commission on top of hammer price.

Jackie Dunham, CTVNews.ca
Published Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:49PM EST

Christmas is coming early for Neil Young fans who will be treated to the upcoming release of his latest album and given access to an online archive of his entire music catalogue at the beginning of December.

Young announced in a recent Facebook post that he would be opening up his entire music catalogue for online streaming on Dec. 1, the same day his new album “The Visitor” will be released. He described the archive as “a place you can visit and experience every song I have ever released in the highest quality your machine will allow.”

What’s more, the Canadian music legend revealed that the extensive Neil Young Archives (NYA) will be available to anyone free of charge, at least upon launch.

heard this on the news
I wonder how much stuff the world will download in that month
and yes there are a few train cars that would be cool to have
hek just to be there and see this stuff
have a good 1

A friend sent me the link to this upcoming auction of Neil Young's stuff. A beautiful range of things, with lots of Lionel trains, guitars, and quite a number of McIntosh pieces, including a C-32, an MR-80, and numerous MC-2100s.

Oh,and a 1948 Buick Roadmaster hearse.

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2017/neil-young/flipbook/

Makes me think, "what an interesting species we are."

In this case we are not purchasing utility when we buy Neil's throw away guitar or toy train.

Buy someones used golf shoes not from need but for tribal identification? Not me, brother.

Last edited:
Nice cars, very nice tape machines, and hugely nice microphones.
Don't know much about guitars, flutes and trains.

Chip

I get the feeling these are the 'extras' from his now-sold ranch/ recording facility, which featured a huge train layout. Some top-shelf Lionel stuff, I imagine, protos and whatnot, which is not in my roundhouse. A little sad to think of Neil leaving his sanctuary behind, dissembling his trains and switching off this huge Studer tape decks.

Some nice guitars and amps but not really 'blue chip' stuff, which Neil has in spades. Those old Marshalls, even those that the catalog say belonged to "Neal" Young, are very appealing.

Hopefully this is not indicative of a financial squeeze and is just an emptying of an (insane) attic.

Anyone make it over there? With the fire up here and our payroll getting jacked up :mad: this week, it just wasn't a good time for me...

Pheelix, were the prices for the train items real high?

I see Neil had some specialized stuff and prototypes but don't know that world at all.

Is there a complete list of all auction results out there? I couldn't find one.

Was playing around with www.Neilyoungarchives.com this afternoon, pretty cool concept and execution. Wish all bands/ labels would care this much about their output.

the highest was a engine went for $11,250 that is with all charges added
you can look up the auction site and use it like other sites to do sold items
www.juliensauctions.com and it navigates pretty much the same as others
hoe it helped

Back
Top Bottom