Neko Case

Yamaki

Not For Hire
Subscriber
I'm not sure how many members here have heard of Neko Case. It seems she has been singing on the fringes of the mainstream for some years. I first heard her sing when I came across a Oregon Public Broadcasting concert done in Portland about two hears ago.

She had teamed up with kd lang, Laura Viers and assorted musicians to put together an EP called, case/lang/veirs, an effort that kd lang said kept her from just packing it all in and quitting music forever.

The EP includes a track called "Delirium" which features her unique voice and style. Here's a link to the concert:

A CD was also produced and I purchased it through Amazon and ripped it, adding it to my digital collection.

Recently, I went on a search for some additional downloads of her work as a solo artist and found two EP's available on Acoustic Sounds, one titled "Hell-On" and the other is labeled as "The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You". Both albums were well worth the download. I also found two CD's on Amazon which are on their way to me as I type this, "Middle Cyclone" and "Blacklisted"

Here's a sampler of her work on Youtube:

I can't quite explain the reason why her voice sounds so interesting to me but her style is enjoyable, varied and unique.

I love Neko Case, have been following her since “Blacklisted” was released, 2001-2002?

My favorite album of hers is “Fox Confessor Brings the Flood”, hard to believe it is over 10 years old now.

Give a listen to “A Widow’s Toast” and “John Saw That Number”. Reminds me I need to pick this up on vinyl.

She’s lead quite an interesting life. I recall a nice article on her in the NYT Sunday Magazine around the time “Middle Cyclone” was released.

She is also well known for her dislike and refusing to use Auto-Tune.

I wasn’t aware of the case/lang/veirs EP, I’ll have to check it out, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom