Nelson Pass DIY F-5 take 4

Standing by for results. Some time or the other, I do have some Kerafol coming. Hopefully in the next week or two.

Russellc

I figured the heatsinkusa.com 10x6 would be fine. I got my bench cleared off to build a new set of boards w/ Takmans and Toshibas, then I'm going to build a full amp for a certain moderator using heatsinkusa fins, cviller boards and a diyaudio kit including IRF outputs. Lance has also been warned.

I figured the heatsinkusa.com 10x6 would be fine. I got my bench cleared off to build a new set of boards w/ Takmans and Toshibas, then I'm going to build a full amp for a certain moderator using heatsinkusa fins, cviller boards and a diyaudio kit including IRF outputs. Lance has also been warned.

Keep the pattern Lance, if this sink works like I think and hope it will, I'll be ordering alumium to fit, probably 10.080 x 8" or so....Maybe not as wide this time, with a thicker face plate. I'll be watching this one.

Russellc

Cripes, when am I going to get to my own build?:D

I just opened a box from Partsconnexion with a pair of HEXFRED's and some resistors, I think I have everything....including an F5 flatpack of the WE-F5KZ1000, lol.
Let me know what you need guys, I still have a few panels of 6061, in stock, and am happy to help.

RussellC, the Kerafoil insulators should be a good acquisition, from all reports.
Of course, Rod Elliot has most of what we need to know about heatsinks: ESP on sinks, along with a linked virtual heatsink calculator.

I've got speaker projects lined up around the corner and this was just sitting on the shelf. Contracting it out was probably the only way it would get done this decade (with 9 years left). I've got a set of speakers in process for SI so it'll be a barter. :)

You're going to like what you hear......

untitled-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom