Neotech NEP-3003 Or Acrolink 7N-4030 II AC Cord.

Kt77

Hi fellow music lovers,

As I'm in the process of finalizing the voicing processor of my system by adding that one vital power cord onto my integrated, it seems that I'm at a lost on which direction to pursue, at present I'm using a Triode Wire Labs 10+, but am thinking that something with an OCC based purity copper with to my ears is even more transparent as compared to any sort of OFC based cabling I've encountered to date.

I know that Duster - Jay and a few others over on AA, have tried both power cords, and have read a great deal here on both, but as I'm trying to get a stronger feel for one or the other, I'm hoping that someone here can add to said insight?, as once again this is intended for a EL84 based integrated, I'm seeking more extension at the very top end by not at the expense of texture or delicacy, in other words more organically correct with a greater sense of midrange warmth, yet without being overly smooth to the point of losing definition in this vital area.

As I'm all to aware of the fact that many don't believe that cables|cords are worth investing in! none hear the advantages of spending more selectively on cables or power cords to enhance their systems, yet I'm one whom is a believer in what I hear, yet haven't know heard either of these for myself, and thinking I'd rather post this here as opposed to one of the other forums, as I believe many here are just as capable of assisting me through this, I'd ask from a purely logical point of view has anyone here had the chance to hear either of these power cords?, and if so, could you define what each sonics merits might entail?.

While not a techie type person, I'm more then capable of matching up the AC|IEC connectors required to bring out the best in either of these as I plan to build one or the other from bulk, and am intending on using either Furutech or Oyaide connectors and voice accordingly.

So I ask each of you to dig deep within and assist this older, yet somewhat still open minded music lover in knowing what's what.

TIA!, to those of you whom are willing to chime in on said matter, as its of the utmost importance for me to get matters right off the bat.

Kind regards,
o_O scar

P.S. [ Redone, as I've noticed typos galore, and have decided to post it over on AA as well ].

Last edited:
Hi fellow music lovers,

As I'm in the process of finalizing the voicing processor of my system by adding that one vital power cord onto my integrated, it seems that I'm at a lost on which direction to pursue, at present I'm using a Triode Wire Labs 10+, but am thinking that something with an OCC based purity copper with to my ears is even more transparent as compared to any sort of OFC based cabling I've encountered to date.

I know that Duster - Jay and a few others over on AA, have tried both power cords, and have read a great deal here on both, but as I'm trying to get a stronger feel for one or the other, I'm hoping that someone here can add to said insight?, as once again this is intended for a EL84 based integrated, I'm seeking more extension at the very top end by not at the expense of texture or delicacy, in other words more organically correct with a greater sense of midrange warmth, yet without being overly smooth to the point of losing definition in this vital area.

As I'm all to aware of the fact that many don't believe that cables|cords are worth investing in! none hear the advantages of spending more selectively on cables or power cords to enhance their systems, yet I'm one whom is a believer in what I hear, yet haven't know heard either of these for myself, and thinking I'd rather post this here as opposed to one of the other forums, as I believe many here are just as capable of assisting me through this, I'd ask from a purely logical point of view has anyone here had the chance to hear either of these power cords?, and if so, could you define what each sonics merits might entail?.

While not a techie type person, I'm more then capable of matching up the AC|IEC connectors required to bring out the best in either of these as I plan to build one or the other from bulk, and am intending on using either Furutech or Oyaide connectors and voice accordingly.

So I ask each of you to dig deep within and assist this older, yet somewhat still open minded music lover in knowing what's what.

TIA!, to those of you whom are willing to chime in on said matter, as its of the utmost importance for me to get matters right off the bat.

Kind regards,
o_O scar

P.S. [ Redone, as I've noticed typos galore, and have decided to post it over on AA as well ].

Bro....Yeah seems to me if you want a transparent sounding cord, more clarity with notes hanging in air....you want a fair price, a fair price with a company that has a very positive reputation..... a company that claims to be an audiophile company to boot? Seems to me you aught to be looking at the OCC 6N silver conductors that are also cryogenically treated power cords, to boot! and decide what ends you want! You and I have talked about them in the past, but seems its off your radar as of now. http://www.cabledyne.com/premier-silver-mains-cable.html

Bro....Yeah seems to me if you want a transparent sounding cord, more clarity with notes hanging in air....you want a fair price, a fair price with a company that has a very positive reputation..... a company that claims to be an audiophile company to boot? Seems to me you aught to be looking at the OCC 6N silver conductors that are also cryogenically treated power cords, to boot! and decide what ends you want! You and I have talked about them in the past, but seems its off your radar as of now. http://www.cabledyne.com/premier-silver-mains-cable.html

Hey little Brotha,

Thanks for chiming in, and you know what?, those pure silver OCC ones are still on my very short list of cords, I was merely trying to avoid have to much silver in the system, as its on the USB cable - IC from the DAC to the integrated as well, so only having copper on the speaker cables might come across as somewhat sonically unbalanced.

And trust me, I'm not willing to deal with some of these cats building cables|cords while hitting a joint on the playground watching young babes, no it shall be a legit company no doubt. Ok it seems as Duster has left me a response on this topic, and after all............, I've known him since 2003, and he hasn't lead me wrong on how to use metal plating be it in RCA - Binding Post - AC Outlets or Inlets - ICs or Speaker Cables connectors yet, as it seem a lot of the cats here aren't really into how this stuff works together, I'll let it ride and go with his as well as your recommendations and eventually get both.

Thanks again Brotha B.

In A Minute. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom