Nero Software

George R

:grnbounce Hey All:beer:

I just installed Nero 5.5 (along with the most recent update), and have been playing with the wave studio.

While playing with the eq settings using "This Masquerade" from George Benson's "Weekend in L.A." as a guinea pig, I discovered that there's a triangle playing in the intro.:zoom:

Now, normally, I'd just say, "took me long enough to notice that !" However, that triangle is not present in any of the reel or cassette copies made from the original album, nor audible on the album, sadly stolen several years ago. Same with the unedited dopy of the mp3. Boosting the frequencies at 10k,12k,14k, and16k to flatten out the response between 10k-20k brought that triangle out clearly and enabled me to differentiate between several types of cymbals. (Being a drummer, this is extremely cool.)

All I can say is, if Nero can make those tunes sound that clear on my computer, I can't wait to hear them on my main system.

Damn, I love technology.:yippy:

:D Happy Listening:cool:

George

Yes but how does the PC version of an Eq differ from the clunky Eq's that have been around for years? The only difference I can see is that the software version enables you to be very specific about which frequencies you boost/lower, whereas the old Eq's had maybe 6-10 freqs if you were lucky?

Good to see you enjoying the technology anyway ...

Have you ever thought of constructing your own frequency test tone spectrum on your computer, burning it to CD, and using it to pick the peaks/troughs in your main system?

Tom Hoots is the man for that sort of stuff - ask him and he could probably give you some pointers if you wanted.

:)

:grnbounce Hey Walt:beer:

I guess the only difference, other than the one you mention, is that I can flatten the source information itself. Sort of a crude remix prior to burning.

That's probably splitting hairs, but by evening out the source, I wouldn't need an eq. in my system (I don't have one anyway LOL), and I can retrurn my tone controls to the neutral position, effectively removing them from the signal path.

As for the spectrum tone sweep CD you mentioned, I thought about it briefly, but at my house (and I'm sure quite a few others as well :) ), it would be useful for the "now I know" category only. I'm lucky my wife indulges me my gear, and that's where it stops:( Start making bass traps? Take the speaker OUT of the entertainment center? Re-arrange what ?:pity:

Anyway, I AM enjoying the software. Keeps me busy and as soon as I get control of the controls, I should be making some pretty nice sounding CDs

:DHappy Listening:cool:

George

OOOOOOOOPS

I blame lack of sleep for this......."This Masquerade" is on the "Breezin'" album, not "Weekend In L.A.".:withstpd:

George

Back
Top Bottom