"New" 2270 "joining the fold"

soundweasel

Every now and then I enter a posting on CL seeking Marantz gear. I identify myself as an audio collector willing to purchase select Marantz items.

Well, a few days ago a small local high-end audio retailer responded saying they had two 2270s for sale for $100 each. :D

I purchased one for them to refurbish, and will stop by to pick up the other one this weekend as a potential parts unit. If it's not beyond my limited skill level, I may refurb the second one myself.

The refurbed unit will be ready in 7 - 10 days! :banana:

soundweasel said:
Every now and then I enter a posting on CL seeking Marantz gear. I identify myself as an audio collector willing to purchase select Marantz items.

Well, a few days ago a small local high-end audio retailer responded saying they had two 2270s for sale for $100 each. :D

I purchased one for them to refurbish, and will stop by to pick up the other one this weekend as a potential parts unit. If it's not beyond my limited skill level, I may refurb the second one myself.

The refurbed unit will be ready in 7 - 10 days! :banana:

I've managed to find five Marantz receivers on CL over the last six months or so. I've kept a 2226, 2235B and a 2245. I bought a 2250B strictly for the beautiful walnut case and sold the receiver.... which needed a little TLC. I've also bought and sold a 4240. Ironically, there's a 2270 for sale. The ask is $250. Decisions, Decisions.......

Boogieman said:
I've managed to find five Marantz receivers on CL over the last six months or so. I've kept a 2226, 2235B and a 2245. I bought a 2250B strictly for the beautiful walnut case and sold the receiver.... which needed a little TLC. I've also bought and sold a 4240. Ironically, there's a 2270 for sale. The ask is $250. Decisions, Decisions.......

$250 is a little pricey for a non cab 2270, but, these prices keep going up and rightly so, my pre amp-outed 2270 is one of the nicests pre for the money:thmbsp: :banana: Buy 'um up now I say!!:yes:

I'm quite a fan of the 2270, having serviced maybe 200-300 of them these last 30 years. I've come to deeply appreciate the entire 2230, 2245 and 2270 series.

Note: when replacing the fuselamps (and the 2270 almost always needs them,) take loose the four screws that hold the tuner in place and shove it back about 3/4". Cut the 18 ohm resistor (you'll see where it is.) Then the lamp assembly will come out easily. Always replace the entire "rack" of fuselamps at one time. When resoldering the resistor, pull the dial cord away from your iron with a hemostat or cliplead.

Enjoy!

Fred Longworth

Fred Longworth said:
I'm quite a fan of the 2270, having serviced maybe 200-300 of them these last 30 years. I've come to deeply appreciate the entire 2230, 2245 and 2270 series.

Note: when replacing the fuselamps (and the 2270 almost always needs them,) take loose the four screws that hold the tuner in place and shove it back about 3/4". Cut the 18 ohm resistor (you'll see where it is.) Then the lamp assembly will come out easily. Always replace the entire "rack" of fuselamps at one time. When resoldering the resistor, pull the dial cord away from your iron with a hemostat or cliplead.

Enjoy!

Fred Longworth

Excellent advice -- thank you! Hopefully the shop doing the refurb knows this information. I'll need to remind myself repeatedly when I start on the "extra" unit. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom