New Accuphase T-1200 Tuner Now Shipping

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Vinyl Rules!, Jun 16, 2018.

1. bennybee

bennybee Active Member

Well that would make a nice doorstop when they switch off FM broadcasts where I live next year...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. USA Soccer

USA Soccer Well-Known Member

Why are they doing that?

3. bennybee

bennybee Active Member

Everything going digital now (DAB+). Some local or commercial stations will certainly stay on FM and the vacant frequencies may attract more new local stations, but the content quality level of those doesn't interest me and certainly doesn't justify spending that much money on an FM tuner. I already tried to scale down my collection of tuners but over here nobody wants to buy them anymore.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  4. USA Soccer

USA Soccer Well-Known Member

Ebay would help you with that...

5. RickB

RickB On the Road to Find Out

Two local stations to listen via FM here that are worth a damn, a classical one and a jazz one, tuners are unfortunately dinosaurs here...kind of like my entire room full of ham radio and shortwave gear...on line streaming has better selection and via such streaming services as The Audiophile Stream Network, the sound is just as good, if not better, for most of the programs...

I love tuners, have several of them and an outside FM antenna....I haven't had one in my system in several years as I find them fairly useless...

Now, where a tuner is better is with the local classical station KPAC. Their online stream is a miserable 96k mp3 and it shows it...OTOH, their over the air performance via a MD, MacIntosh, Marantz 10b, or Accuphase tuner can sound superior, depending on their source material, that is.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  6. bennybee

bennybee Active Member

Not sure about that... I listed my Yamaha T2 for Eur250 just two weeks ago and only one UK bidder showed up and asked if it had been recapped and realigned and if I had the invoice for that....!
    First off, I don't believe in recapping everything that goes through my hands, just for the sake of recapping - it's an overrated internet hype. Don't touch it if it sounds and receives perfectly and nothing looks funny inside.
    Secondly, a top tuner WITH complete overhaul for 250 bucks??? I don't think so! I'm sure the work and parts alone would cost that much.
    So needless to say : I'm keeping that one for now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

7. KiM3Ce

KiM3Ce AK Subscriber Subscriber

For Accuphase it is also a "statement" product; they have roots in Kenwood and their first product was the legendary T-100 FM tuner. Depending on the design, IBOC may not be an issue. If I had time to spare and money to burn...