new AK member, boston area

Argyle

abstract thinker
Hey everyone, great board - thought i'd introduce myself since i've been reading for the past few weeks now. Over the past year or so i've put together a mostly vintage system based on components that i either had (and resurrected) and some i've picked up. It's good to have a system dedicated to music, and it's reminding me why i like music so much in the first place.
:thmbsp:
Anyhoo, my setup is a Kenwood KA-5700 integrated amplifier paired with a Kenwood KT-5500 tuner, along with my old Technics SL-B2 turntable, my janky low-end Sony CD Player, and a pair of A/D/S L500 speakers.

Looking forward to reading up & learning a few things - thanks AK!

Welcome aboard!

There are quite a few members in the MA area. They seem to host get-togethers frequently. I'm sure they'll chime in here.

Howdy.
I used to work for a biotech company in Norwood, conveniently located on route 1, just north of the Automile :)

Yes, the New England contingent of AK is a bit... special.
You've been warned :)

EDIT: BTW, that's a pretty nice system, 'specially the speakers. You're off to a good start, I'd say (assuming that's your first, or at least first vintage, system).

thanks, guys. warnings appreciated - i'll be sure to look forward to (and be prepared for) any local AK gatherings.

I'm happy with my setup. the L500's continue to surprise me, and sound much better with the KA-5700 than they did with the Sansui 5050 i had them hooked up to previously.

Back
Top Bottom