New AK member from Portland, OR

Hi All!

Total newbie here on AK but I've been a music lover for as long as I can remember and an audiophile for about 15 years. I get paid to enjoy this hobby, being a sales/marketing/web blogger guy for a direct to consumer speaker company (is it appropriate to say who?). I also write music reviews for a hifi mag turned e-zine (again--ok to name drop on this forum?).

I've been through my turn of gear, having recently sold my complete system when I needed some extra loot (Fi X integrated; hot-rodded Rega P25/RB600/Dynavector DV-20Xh/Musical Fidelity XLPSv3; Rethm the Third; Alpha Core cables). But luckily I was able to put together a whole new one that I absolutely love (Exposure 2010s; VPI Scout/JMW-9/Lyra Argo/PS Audio GCPH/Wright WPM100; Neat Vito; Sony SCD-C3333ES; Nordost Blue Heaven cables).

For music, jazz is my first love, but indie-rock and classical are close behind, the latter being what I'm listening to and enjoying the most right now. But really, I love any music that is good and honest. I also try to go see some kind of live music at least a couple of times per month.

Anyways a lot about me; any other Portlanders out there? Oh, and thanks for the sweet forum all!

Happy Listening!

Oliver

Welcome, from just South of you in Silverton. So jump right in we're a friendly bunch.

Welcome to the boards, VV. Boy, it seems like it's raining new members in Portland, OR. :scratch2:

Hey Oliver, welcome to AK. I don't think anyone will get hurt if you mention the speaker company or hi-fi mag you work with.

Look forward to your posts. Cheers, Snade

:music: Oliver don't sell anymore gear...if you need money just see Meggy or Mystic! Sharing is the Ak way. Welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I do see that there are alot of P-town locals on here. Sweet! And thanks for the tip Tarheel; luckily working in the industry again has been much more stable than the lending/mortgage biz I was in not too long ago (what a mess). So hopefully no more fire sales for cash :nono: Oh--thanks for letting me know, Snade; I work for Aperion Audio during the day and moonlight with pretty regular music reviews for Positive Feedback.

Happy Listening!

Wecome aboard for sure. I'm from Portland, OR also, but I never showed up here as I kind of fell through the back door one day and all the great members here picked me up and started to show me the ropes. This is one of the best groups I've ever been associated with. The help and expertise is tops. So, like everyone has said enjoy yourself and welcome again.

J.B.

Back
Top Bottom