new album by Sufjan coming?

Ethan25

http://pitchfork.com/news/72416-suf...tease-planetarium-album/?mbid=social_facebook

Asthmatic Kitty on facebook and twitter mentioned that there may be something released soon by the trio of Sufjan, Bryce Dessner from the Nationals and Nico Muhly.

This video was tagged

Basically, there was a tour a few years back where they did songs for each planet I guess...and there have been rumors for years that an album would result....

here's one of the songs titled "Jupiter"

Pretty excited for this possibility...

I'm interested, picked up his entire catalogue at a local pawn shop a couple of weeks ago.

Haven't spun them all yet but have enjoyed it a lot.

I'm interested, picked up his entire catalogue at a local pawn shop a couple of weeks ago.

Haven't spun them all yet but have enjoyed it a lot.
Curious what you found of his? What have you listened to so far? I'd love to listen to his music for the first time again...

As I said his whole catalogue. Someone must have liked him as well and was getting out of CDs. I'd heard a couple of his songs on our local alternative radio station JJJ and i know they also got excited in the past when his new albums came out.

I've only played a couple so far (the state ones) and the folkish Seven Swans which I'm liking a lot. I like the fact he doesn't just stick in one genre and is a little bit complicated, like Radiohead.

As I said his whole catalogue. Someone must have liked him as well and was getting out of CDs. I'd heard a couple of his songs on our local alternative radio station JJJ and i know they also got excited in the past when his new albums came out.

I've only played a couple so far (the state ones) and the folkish Seven Swans which I'm liking a lot. I like the fact he doesn't just stick in one genre and is a little bit complicated, like Radiohead.

Yes he is. Was curious if you received his boxed Christmas albums as well? Seven Swans is excellent...I can listen to that all day. Quite a talented fellow.

here's the newest release off the new album coming out this summer. Just pre-ordered. Electronica for this song but guessing that isn't necessarily how the whole album will be

Back
Top Bottom