New Bluetooth Anker Soundbuds

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The effects of the no 3.5mm phone jack on the iphone 7 is starting to show up in the Bluetooth earphone market. I ordered and will have the Anker Soundbuds Curved on Sunday $35 USD. I am not expecting audiophile sound but for podcasts, and audio books perfect, however the reviews are reporting a fairly good sound. What really caught my attention was 12.5 hour battery life. As you can see below the design is sort of a Beats ripoff. Everything I have purchased from Anker has been great so I have high expectations for these earsets. An interesting detail is the USB charging port is in the control module on the cross cable. What this does is it makes the ear pieces very water resistant.

154AA4AD-DFDE-4444-96EE-C0BFD01B12B9.jpeg

I have them. These are the best sounding earbuds of this style I have yet owned. They are not as transparent as my Etymotic’s or Shure hard wired earphones but given the Bluetooth connection darn good they sound at least as good as my Klipsch R6 Bluetooth without the hassle of the large over the back of the ear modules. I am very pleased. The frosting on the the cake is the battery life the advertised duration is 12.5 hours, that is average use were you are transmitting and receiving, if you are just listening it supposed to be 14 hours. This is important to me as I go to bed listening to audio books. It is very irritating to be awakened by the earphone informing you the battery is low. The spec’s say from a totally down battery to full charge it is 90 minutes. There will be a second pair of these $35 USD is a bargain. Oh and They instantly paired with my iPhone 7+.

I have been listening to an audio book for 5 hours and the battery charge indicator has not moved.

:banana:

I get a week out of my AKG Y50BTs. You’ll probably have a similar experience.

I get a week out of my AKG Y50BTs. You’ll probably have a similar experience.
Yes I suppose you would a headphone has room for a larger battery :D. If I want to listen to headphones on my iPhone I pull out my FiiO Alpen 2 E17k DAC/headphone amp and plug in the AKG 240 MkII’s and try to blow my brains out :music::rockon:

Went back to the Klipsch R6’s and they are still the best sounding Bluetooth earphones so far. The overly large over ear things make an otherwise fantastic set of earphone exasperating.

Well the Anker’s are being returned. Very pleased with them but the adhesive holding the left ear piece togather failed and it came apart. I intend to get another pair the battery life is the best feature.

I have the replacement Anker Soundbuds Curved. As much as I like the Kilpsch R6 in-ear Bluetooth Neckless earphones I very much like these Ankers for general use and the 12 to 14 hour battery is a real plus. The Ankers don't quite sound as the Kilpsch good but good enough. At $35 dollars they are not at all painful to replace if they fail. Anker does have an excellent warranty.

The really odd thing, for me at least, is it is almost always the left side earphone that fails in some way.

Only $26 on Amazon.

Oh really that is where I purchased the one I have.

They went on sale just in the last couple of days, they were $35.99 on Tuesday. Just looked at my 2nd order and the replacement was payed for from the money refunded for the first set.

Ordered a second set, used some of the Amazon card cash back and paid $16 bucks.

That will give me five sets of bluetooth earphones I think I have enough for now. It is funny It is now irritating to be hardwired to my iPhone with earphones.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I really like the idea of the R6 Neckbands, but the wired 1More Triple Driver and the Adv M4s just sound a lot better to my ears. The 1Mores are the same price and the Advs are half the price and I got them on sale for half off.

I'm so out of control on headphones and IEMs. AND watches AND knives AND guitars AND guitar amps... sheesh!

:mad:

:p

Back
Top Bottom