New body style 2005 Mazda Miata MX-5 NC introduced!

THOR

Fearless Prophet
Nice looking ride !

edit:Earlier comment, had been run into the ground. Won't happen again.

Cheers
Army

Last edited:
looks kind of like that James bond beemer

Boytris read, it is only 20 pounds heavier and they added a 200hp motor. I am all about the convertible myself but folks who dig Miatas for driving will tell you it's not about going straightaway fast it's about the twisties ;)

THOR said:
Boytris read, it is only 20 pounds heavier and they added a 200hp motor. I am all about the convertible myself but folks who dig Miatas for driving will tell you it's not about going straightaway fast it's about the twisties ;)

Any idea what they list for?
I went into our local BMW dealer a few years back, and was surprised that the BMW Z-3 was about the same price as an SUV I was expecting it to be much higher priced.

Regards
Army

They are nice little cars. A friend sold hers and bought a Mini Cooper S. Then, bought the Miata back and may now sell the Mini. I saw some at a dealership last fall that looked really nice, some have the Mazdaspeed upgrades. Really sweet little cars. I would agree, more fun in the turns. Big horses are easy, but good handling is harder and a lot more fun.

I did see the new little Lotus at a dealership recently. Man, that looks like a total blast to drive. A little overdesigned visually, but some interesting touches like the horizonal radiator in the front of the car. I'd love to get that machine out on a twisty rolling road.

The price of the new one is where a lot of the Miata folks are pissed besides it's going to retail for a lot more than where Miata always did. Folks figure Mazda is going to alienate a lot of people because of the price.

Boytris that BMW looks like a station wagon to me, really cool car ;)

"Usable" what's that got to do with anything? We are talking sports cars and convertibles not pick ups and SUV :rolleyes:

Pro Ac I like that color!

From what I've read, there is a kit for the older Miatas where
you can drop in a late model 302... states that it also improves
handling quite a bit due to the extra weight.

Almost like the car should have had that engine from the beginning!

Scott

better handling because of extra weight??? :scratch2:
i would like to see that in practice
i just dumbfounded on how that is supose to work
and all that money spent to lighten race cars

It's like botrytis said... it's not how much weight you add,
but where you put it! :D

Scott

There are guys putting all sorts of engines in Miatas there is one guy on Miata.net that has a supercharged V8 in his Miata it has been dyno'ed at like 500 HP or something like that :yikes: I guess he goes through a lot of tires from he says. Most agree that the addition of V8's to Miatas sacrifices the handling for higher speeds. I would like to put a 1.8L in mine and mebbe a turbo or supercharger, who knows though looking good is more important to me than going fast ;) We will be doing something to the drivetrain but that will be a project for next winter, just a tune up under the hood to be ready for summer this year. I'm excited the paint/body guy is coming out to where I have been working on the Miata to check it out give me a quote and for us to arrive on a timeline for completion :thmbsp:

Here's a link to that guys Supercharged V8 Monster Miata - Sorry 450hp ;)

http://miata.cardomain.com/id/jb3452

I like this statement from the guy with the supercharged Miata...

...The suspension is one inch lower than stock...It handles very neutral !
The wider tires and Koni's have made a huge improvement...but traction is
still an adventure !

The 383 Stroker in my 74 Nova puts out 452HP on the dyno, but that's in
a car that's quite a bit heavier than a Miata!

I bet that thing would flat out fly!

Last year there was a Fiero GTA here with the World Of Wheels show that
had a supercharged Buick Regal 3800 in it... said it had a pretty wild cam
and the last time the car went to the track it ran mid 11's but after he gets
some traction issues figured out, it should be in the low 10's!

Scott

Back
Top Bottom