New C-Sharp Turntable From E.A.T.

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by 4Play, Jun 28, 2015.

1. 4Play

4Play Super Member

Not sure if everyone has seen the current copy of The Absolute Sound. On the cover you will see the C-Sharp Turntable from European Audio Team (E.A.T.). The company is an offshoot of Pro-Ject. On the home page it lists Jozefína Lichtenegger as the primary contact. I would assume she is the daughter of Heinz Lichtenegger who owns Pro-Ject.

According to the article, the C-Sharp is the fourth turntable in the EAT lineup. The other three are the Forte, Forte S, and E-Flat. The C-Sharp is still out of my price range at $4,000, but for $500 more you can add an Ortofon Quintet Black. With an MSRP of $1,000, you are saving 50% off a brand new Quintet Black. I watched a YouTube video on the C-Sharp, and I found out the platter weighs 15 to 17 pounds!! The platter on a Dual 1219 weighs 7 pounds and I thought that was extreme. So far, this is the only high end turntable that has piqued my interest since the ClearAudio Emotion.

It will be interesting to see/read what you guys think about the new C-Sharp. I think they could have come up with a better name for the comany besides European Audio Team or E.A.T. So what are your thoughts/comments on this new turntable?

2. Beobloke

Beobloke Super Member

She's actually his wife!!

3. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

He married his daughter??? :smoke:

John James likes this.
  4. for_p1

for_p1 Addicted Member

For $4000 you get :

S/N Ratio ( mechanical noise): – 40 dB, Signal to noise (electrical noise): -70 dB

Are they kidding?

5. gusten

gusten Addicted Member

6. marcmorin

marcmorin AK Subscriber Subscriber

Maybe they tested the table with an actual album.

7. sqlsavior

sqlsavior AK Subscriber Subscriber

I sense a business opportunity to offer a B-flat mat! :)

8. Dynacophil

Dynacophil I ain't Phil, I'm 'phile

daughter, mother, wife...

[​IMG]

9. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

Nice looking daughter. Despite the weirdness factor, I can see why he wanted to marry her.

10. gusten

gusten Addicted Member

You can imagine her intellect?

11. Mister Pig

Mister Pig Pigamus Maximus Subscriber

Nice. Pre-judging her intelligence based on what? Her looks apparently. Not cool. She very well could be smarter than you....definitely smarter than a simple country pig.

Ya done yourself proud with that post.

Regards
    Mister Pig

12. gusten

gusten Addicted Member

Interpretations isn´t Mr Pig´s big skills apparently? How on earth did You come to the conclusion that this is what I meant?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  13. muovimies

muovimies Super Member

To be fair it was fairly easy to misinterpret though that's not the way I took it myself.

14. gusten

gusten Addicted Member

Many things are easy to interpret the wrong way, especially if you want to, that´s how it is with writing on forums. And you don´t always very strictly express what you mean, for reasons. And to be fair, I don´t think *Herr Gris' was.

15. 4Play

4Play Super Member

Let's keep the discussion on topic. The last thing I want is for a Mod to close this thread down. It amazes me how a thread starts out, and within a matter of a few posts, it get's so derailed that there's no chance in getting back on topic.

The subject of discussion is a turntable. This is the first high end turntable that has piqued my interest since the ClearAudio Emotion.

16. for_p1

for_p1 Addicted Member

Even then electric noise should be in 90s or high 80s, and mechanical at least 50. Otherwise I do not see what they ask 4 grand for. Their advertised specs are more in line with AT120 table category. $4000 is VPI Classic 3 range and VPI produces almost no noise while playing real disks. It is also twice as much than cost to get Yamaha GT-2000 directly form Japan.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  17. gusten

gusten Addicted Member

Have You looked at hifi.de and hifinews.co.uk, they have tested the TT.
    Hifinews say you can download a lab report, but unfortunately you can´t.
    Rather good verdict overall.

18. shelly_d

shelly_d Not An Audiophool

That was my first thought.In my mind, mechanical rumble that high is pretty sloppy machining and or construction.To where

For what good rumble performance I would point you to the standard set by the Technics SL 1200 ii, -78 dB. That was met and sometimes bettered bettered by other Technics, some Pioneer and Denon turntables, and I am sure many more that I have not researched.

Sorry, fancy looks and high price doen't mean good performance.

Shelly_D

19. ripblade

ripblade Super Member

Where did you get those numbers? In the HiFi News review the numbers come up much higher than that.

20. tnsilver

tnsilver Super Member

Seems like a confusion between weighted and unweighted figures. The Technics SL-1200, as speced by the mfgr, are weighted. The EAT (what a terrible name) TT measurement must be un-weighted, or it's a real puzzle.