new camera...first pic...first post

thanks zincman, so do I!

thanks for the tip EW. I found that section in the manual but have yet to deciper it correctly. My first camera.

guess what speaks these are?

Hey Andy 3.2mp, 4x optical zoom. That's all i know, can't even figger out the tungsten effect yet. I'll learn.

What EW said, is to set the white balance to incandescent (it usually shows a pic of a lightbulb on the camera´s menu, most likely it will be a manual control).

Nice pix

Also, practice makes perfect ;)

CK

Just use your own eyes to set the white balance. Look at the LCD screen and shuffle through the choices. Whatever "looks" best is the right choice for you. Personally I find the tungsten setting to be much too warm under most lighting conditions. The AWB setting on your Canon is pretty useful. My advice when shooting anything stationary indoors is to use a tripod, use the camera in manual mode, no flash, and bracket the exposure. Hell you're not paying for film so take lots of pics at various shutter speeds and aperature settings and you'll find a diamond in there somewhere.

Mike

thanks danj!

Bitchin' setup!

The mat came with her when I scored her. A "Music Mat", Made in Canada.

Hi Mike, I tried setting the WB, without any luck... update: I just, and I mean just figured out that you have to move the rotary Mode Select Switch out of AUTO to manipulate the WB effects. :banana: Now to start comparin' indoor shots... Gonna have to get a power adaptor for her, she eats batteries for breakfast! :D

Back
Top Bottom