new camera...first pic...first post

7868 power tube from my S5000II

learnin' , a cut/paste job from 2 different shots! :yes:

Looks like your getting the hang of it Greg :yes:

Sweet looking toys ya got there.

Luv that big Sansui Amp :thmbsp:

You won't believe it...but I've done it again.

Thanks Army! That Sansui, she's a shweety! :D

a quick question to the camera experts;

Slow shutter speed for still objects, fast shutter speed for moving ones? :scratch2:

That's right, Greg. That, and hold the camera STILL with slow shutter speed. Unless you want that "trails" effect. Of course, I'm sure you knew that.

A tripod, even one of those mini ones you can pick up at Walgreens, would be good for that.

sweet, thanks ojTHEd. Looks like I'll be keepin' my eyes peeled for some type of cheap tripod as well!

Oh and Greg get yourself some good photo imaging software too. You can fix almost any problems in a digital image.

Mike

Thanks for the tip Mike! Any opinion as to which one? I have MGI PhotoSuite 4, and whatever came with the camera... but I don't have a schmick! :no:

Well there are free ones like irfanview but I'd recommend something more along the lines of Roxio's Photosuite or Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9. I use Adobe Photoshop CS myself but thats a rather intense program to learn just to do the basics with an image.

Mike

Hey Bolly, good doesn't mean "spend money". I use Google's Picasa software for most every kind of tweaking or effects. Just grab it from www.picasa.com - it's free!

Of course, if you have to have some of that other software, I can probably get it for you. Just ask!

Last edited:
Thanks ojTHEd, soon as figure my camera out... you'll be one of the first to know! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom