New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

How about this:

- History of Rock & Roll 1969 version
- Host Humble Harve Miller.
- 2-trk mono reels @ 7½ ips
- The sound quality is superb..
- After inspecting the entire collection of reels, I would have to place these in the close to near mint (NOS) category affected only by age and not human wear & tear. Whoever owned these reels before me took very good care of them.

- (part of my collection)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Received a new R2R tape today....and I mean NEW, sparkling clean, still in the factory shrink wrap, like it just came off the assembly line this morning. Clapton`s first solo album (1970) , when he was between Cream and Derek & The Dominos. Seems almost a shame to peel the shrink wrap off, but I DID buy it to play it....(it`s a 7 1/2 ips recording)

View attachment 681803

I realize this is an old post -- but how does this NOS 7 1/2 ips tape sound? Was it manufactured by Ampex?

'Yesterday I got an 8 track and its insanely gorgeous!!!

DEEP PURPLE'S 3RD ALBUM (1969)

Oh my Do I love analog!!1

I last got an 8 track :)

Foreigner - Double Vision (I also have the record of this album)

Last edited:
Early 60s, 10.5", 15ips, mono tapes from Desilu (complete with paperwork) of the Lucy Show and another of Joey Bishop doing spots for a cigarette company, unedited. Flubs and all.

Last edited:
THIS is what I'm talking about !!
GetFileAttachment

Found amongst some box of tapes !! It is the reel deal

How about it?? What's the verdict ??
I realize this is an old post -- but how does this NOS 7 1/2 ips tape sound? Was it manufactured by Ampex?

Sorry for the delayed response, never realized anyone ever responded to that post :)
Yes, it`s an Ampex recording, definitely sounds superior to my well-worn original vinyl copy. Over the years, I`ve managed to pick up a number of NOS tapes such as this, including The Allman Bros. Live At Fillmore East, Dave Brubeck`s "Time Out", Ginger Baker`s Air Force, all sound like brand new....

picked up a pretty darn good cond.copy of Moody Blues 7th Sojourn today for an old IOU...GReat score as I got home & checked it out more fully and realized it's a QUAD recording !! Gotta mix it down to 1/2 Tr ?? 15ips as I don't have a quad set up.

picked up a pretty darn good cond.copy of Moody Blues 7th Sojourn today for an old IOU...GReat score as I got home & checked it out more fully and realized it's a QUAD recording !! Gotta mix it down to 1/2 Tr ?? 15ips as I don't have a quad set up.

When I get my 3340 back from my tape deck guy I can do a quad mix down for you.

Thanks Skylab. I have a 3340 + a 2340 plus a full-on recording studio w/32Channel Soundcraft Ghost II available 24/7. I'll dub down to either A807 Studer or my Otari 5050 B2 II. REELY digging Talking Out Of Turn from L.D. VOYAGER !!.. 'nite all!!

Last edited:
Just spend €50 on 9 maxell ud 35 90 tapes.

Fair price i think, never bought any tape like this before, mostly the cheap basf and agfa stuff which shed all over the place.

Today I got a cassette :)

Deep Purple - Third album (1969) (Original release (T-119-C) (I also have this on 8 track (Original)))

has any of u seen this pioneer ct 400 the one with analog meters? i never saw one , not even for sale worldwide.....

2wm2m90.jpg

Nice one!

I just passed up a 15 IPS, 2-track copy of that album from the 'Bay' seller in Florida. For the price, I thought it a bit much.

Maybe it will go up again for less. Hope so!

Lu.

Eric Weissberg and Steve Mandell - Dueling Banjos

WB 7.5 ips 4 track

Back
Top Bottom