New category

revrun

Hi guys. I've noticed that a lot of us at one time or another are searching for parts for our vintage equipment that can't be purchased new. How about starting a new category in the same section as the "For sale/Wanted" area for " Parts wanted/Parting out". It might be easier than going through the for sale ads.

You're on to something that could be pretty good. At one time long ago I had started a thread about parts units, so that everyone could post theirs, but it never seemed to take off. The funny thing is that most everyone's parts units are just waiting to be made complete :p:

I have some parts from a Marantz 2230 and a 2245, I also have a Model 27 that may as well be a parts unit since some ^%$# idiot messed up the power amp and voltage regulator board. I did manage to refinish the wood case to where it looks decent, but not quite 100%. I also have a spotless Yamaha CR-620 faceplate along with a few parts. And a Yamaha CR-600 that worked fine except that the AM section is futzed.

Rob

Is there any reason they can't be listed in the "For sale" section as parts for sale, or parts wanted?

There are a few posts like that there now.

Or do you all think another forum is the thing to do? It really dosen't matter to me how it's done. I can watch it too, unless someone else wants the difficult job.;)

Hey bully I could use that 1050

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom