1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

New CBS show "FBI"

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by WobblySam, Sep 28, 2018.

1. WobblySam

WobblySam Well-Known Member

For those of you who remember the old FBI with Efrem Zimbalist jr. - this show is NOT a reboot.
    I don't where to begin - cliched characters, wooden actors and dialogue that may have come from the original writers of Plan 9 From Outer Space. My wife and I were almost laughing at some of the over-emoted, well- worn drivel coming from the actor's mouths.

But, if CBS renewed SWAT, this is sure to be a hit.

My, how the bar has been lowered.

I LIKE MUSIC likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Eric H

Eric H AK Subscriber Subscriber

But is it "In Color!"

3. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

I agree with OP, wont be tuning in after pilot. Its formula,like NCIS.No thanks

4. jt01

jt01 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I've been watching Law and Order episodes from 1995 lately - I find them far preferable to FBI. +1 to everything the OP said.

5. Bob

Bob AK Subscriber Subscriber

give it a chance, "Cheers" was last of the last (rated 70th out of 70) before it rose to the top.

You're going to see a re-run of everything seen elsewhere (poison/biologic bombs,
    radioactive bomb, terrorist plots, betrayal, lost spouses, etc) and
    the explosions more spectacular, twists and turns, even enemies
    like ISIS, MS-13, etc

watch it for entertainment like the guys who have a single malt glass of M and
    listening to Kinda Blue for the nth time.

enjoy the music afterwards

6. invaderzim

invaderzim AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm accustomed to pilots having stiff acting since they aren't used to the roles and working together but this seemed to have some pretty weak writing.
    spoiler alert: Why did they have the first bombing look like a terrorist one and then go in a completely different direction? It makes no sense that they would do the two bomb thing to lure in rescue workers to then drop the entire building on them if they weren't terrorists. In the preview for the show she talks to the guy outside about hearing terrorist 'chatter' about the area but they cut that for the actual show. Without the chatter comment then trying to get everyone out before the 10 minute mark made no sense. And the story line immediately goes to a gang war with a quick mention of 'if it were terrorists then someone would have claimed it'. It looked like they had an idea for a big starting scene to get people interested but then changed angles for the story line.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Eric H

Eric H AK Subscriber Subscriber

I didn’t think it was bad, a bit stiff like most shows are their first few episodes, I’ll give it a chance.