New Cds

opt80

Subscriber
Since I am on vacation,I was out looking for new releases early

Picked up: Elvis Costello .. The Delivery Man

Joni Mitchell ... DreamLand

John Fogerty ... Deja Vu All Over Again

Daniel O'Donnell ... Songs of Inspiration

Coincidentally, I'm on vacation as well- back home for several days---yeh, I know, who goes HOME for vacation, right?

The mailman brought me the new Jim White courtesy of our friend in Oklahoma- thanks, Dave- it is super! Very different from his 1st 2 releases, but ina very good way.

NP: Lucinda's World Without Tears on the real stereo, loudly. I bet the neighbors know I'm in town.

:D

My pleasure Toze!!

Alan, how is the new John Fogerty? I keep starting to buy it, but then pass it over for some reason.

-Dave

Originally posted by Dave918
My pleasure Toze!!

Alan, how is the new John Fogerty? I keep starting to buy it, but then pass it over for some reason.

-Dave

Dave,
Haven't cracked it yet,been online to SecondSpin,selling some stuff.

Toze,
If you are in Florida will the cds I sent still get delivered in NV?

Alan

Yeh, Alan, it will prolly be waiting for me when I get back next Tuesday- unfortunately, not permanent, this is just a visit to attend my oldest son's wedding.

NP: White Mansions. Alan, you know this one, but I wonder if Dave and Jeff do??? The cd sounds pretty fine. I may take it back with me .

Alan, sent 35 disks up to SecondSpin this past friday. Great way to recycle some silver!!

White Mansions? Never heard of them Toze, but sounds like I should check them out.

-Dave

Originally posted by Dave918
Alan, sent 35 disks up to SecondSpin this past friday. Great way to recycle some silver!!

White Mansions? Never heard of them Toze, but sounds like I should check them out.

-Dave

Dave,
White Mansions was a civil war themed album,Had Waylon,Jessi Colter,Tompall Glaser(I think).It was a great album.
FYI,Kenny Rogers and the First Edition did a concept album shortly after entitled,Pieces of Calico Silver.It was pretty darn good.

Alan

i have White Mansions on vinyl--- i think it was recently given a 'remaster/reissue' cd treatment, think i recall reading about it in Wire magazine a while back---

if you guys are out looking up new cd's, you won't go wrong with A Ghost is Born, by Wilco....

innaresting stuff....

Yep,you are right Shrinky,they did remaster it a couple years ago.

I didn't like Ghost as well as I liked Yankee,Summerteeth is still my favorite.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom