New crossover service....

Infinity nutcase.
Was cruising the Epay site and there's a new vendor offering crossover service for Kappa 6,7,8,9 and other Infinity speakers.

Site member?

I looked all over and couldn't find anything.
It's not the person who mounts the components on pegboard is it?
He's been around a while and has been talked about before.

Yea, I hope it isn't "dstechlabs". To me, their designs are very suspect. While they seem to use quality parts, the design itself is very much a compromise to the speakers. I wouldn't spend for it.

No, it's a new guy. I'm almost positive I was searching Kappa 8's and scrolling down the page I found the add.

I think he's offering to replace, upgrade caps etc in the original. I need to learn how to link.

I tried to copy and paste but it's not working, add is definitely there.

Last edited:
Probably just as well you can't link, links to active ebay listings are only allowed in Dollars and Sense anyways.
I'll go snoop around again.

I thought I saw the ad he was talking about a few weeks ago but no luck finding it now, all I see is the peg board ones on there.

I think I know why, you think your looking at an add for a Kappa 8 brochure. cyrix7x86 is the username if that's ok to share.

I think I know why, you think your looking at an add for a Kappa 8 brochure. cyrix7x86 is the username if that's ok to share.
Yes that's it, here's the item #
162643767803 just copy and paste it in the bay search

Thanks for the user name. After searching, I've seen his ad's. "cyrix7x86" must be a tech of some type. He's got listings, where he offers to do crossovers upgrades on many different brands of speakers; not just Infinity. He sells a lot of drivers too. Good feedback. But, I'd rather do my own upgrades. More fun! :biggrin:

I hadn't noticed it before, at least for the Kappa's. I like that he's offering to replace or upgrade and not rip the entire original out and replace it. I tried that route and while it did make my 8's easier to power something was lost. I guess the best word I could come up with is depth.

When I went back with original crossovers the magic was back.

So I think it's great he's doing this, like you mention he's got great feedback so he's doing something right and it opens some doors for Infinity owners.

I'll never attempt any crossover work myself again, I know it's fun but if you can't wrap your head around what's going on inside it gets quite frustrating, at least for me it does.

I don't know if I shared my Speaker building experience here, I think I had a great selection of drivers, built some really nice boxes all by hand modeled after the Wilson Sophia, then completely waffled when it came to the crossover's.

I think I'm going to keep an eye out for some Renaissance 90's being parted out for the crossovers and have them refreshed while he's offering this service. Not that I'm looking forward to anyone parting out 90's but if that option became available I'd take it.

Just curious why you wouldn't trust that. I'm not saying I do trust them.
I see those on ebay frequently. Are they OEM or bootleg?
Home or car crossovers?

Back
Top Bottom