New DD turntable from Cambridge Audio.

With bluetooth capability?? Hmm. That's interesting. Cable nerds probably won't be converted, lol.

I'd like to hear it.

It's attractive. ..But be aware that for the same $1600 one can get a Technics SL1210gr. ..But will have provide own outboard bluetooth transmitter (maybe $80). The Technics is made in Japan, this is made in China. That alone wouldn't matter to me, but it will to some.

It's attractive. ..But be aware that for the same $1600 one can get a Technics SL1210gr. ..But will have provide own outboard bluetooth transmitter (maybe $80). The Technics is made in Japan, this is made in China. That alone wouldn't matter to me, but it will to some.

It also comes with an MC cartridge and the arm is made in Britain.

It looks quite cute, but W&F at 0.06% in the copy, 0.1% in the specs- which is it? (peak, WTD, what standard?) It's likely worse than many decent belt drives, letalone a good direct drive.

I think it will sell as it is rather attractive.

I'm not sold at $1700 with what looks like a lower model Rega arm, and plain jane design. Just my opinion of course.
Regards,
Jim

It will sell like hotcakes just because of the name recognition and looks alone. Cambridge now has a turntable to match all their separate components. It is directly competitive with the Technics SL-1200GR price-wise. For some, the free cartridge will make the sale. For those worried about ultimate quality and performance, the Technics will probably win out. I'm sure there are other belt drives to that would compete in that price range as well. Turntables are selling. Even Crosley has a line of tables made by Pro-ject. If I was new to turntables, I would be overwhelmed with the selection available today.

That seems like what a modern turntable should be. MC, phonostage, Bluetooth, direct drive. It has taken the classic turntable and added some modern features. Should appeal to the younger set.

Just watched the video. Looks like they retained the Technics style dust cover with plastic tabs to break off.

I am very excited to see another and more affordable DD deck in the market. This one has a bunch of features I don’t want or need, but I hope it’s a sign of things to come...

Never been a fan of the Technics SL1200 series so no concerns there. I am curious about the MC. Wonder who the mfg is? The page I read doesn't state it. Someone mentioned the free MC cartridge... it's not free. It's in the price... so when considering the MC and the Rega arm you must consider the real value overall.

With this TT. I see the potential to offer a good DD, semi-automatic with a MM cartridge and a lesser arm for under a $1000 MSRP.

Never been a fan of the Technics SL1200 series so no concerns there. I am curious about the MC. Wonder who the mfg is? The page I read doesn't state it. Someone mentioned the free MC cartridge... it's not free. It's in the price... so when considering the MC and the Rega arm you must consider the real value overall.

Rega makes the cartridge, including hand-winding the coils, in their turntable factory in England.

Back
Top Bottom