New deck on the pile Luxman DC-113 CD player..

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by Ramseybella, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

Just picked this Luxman up today for $13.00.
    Started out a little jumpy cleaned the lens and kept working it, it is now on track.
    No error codes just jumpy, my guess it hasn't been played in some time.
    Put on a trashed scratched up disc and it played all the way to the last track without a hiccup. So that at least tells me the laser is strong?
    If i was to clean and lube anything as this has a bunch of moving parts what would be the main part to lube? I had and have Nakimichi's that are finicky until they get driven for a few minutes.
    I have to many decks already and may part ways with it just need it to be working correctly before I do that. Owner and service is an arm and a leg and not much info about this deck, other that folks getting error codes. Would like to replace belts but need a map to get to them.
    LUX1.jpg
    LUX2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

Vacation time?
    Anyway, all the hype is true this thing sounded amazing NOTE "Sounded"..
    It was playing just fine throughout one CD very creamy and life like then the dreaded E-22 comes up on the screen...
    I pulled it out of the rack and opened it up popped a disc in and it made a rapid light clacking noise. I found a piece of foam stuck in between the laser eye rails.
    Oh! Maybe that's it?? And it played fine no E-22 ran it in and out from first track to the last nothing was giving problems.
    I stick it back into the rack and within twenty seconds of the song started skipping back numbers then E-22!!:eek:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  3. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

Took it apart again and cleaned the rails and gear lubed them.
    Played fine again!! About an hour it's starts jumping around but no error 22.
    The drive belt for the laser felt a little slack next take it apart and find a belt.
    Guess it's why it was at the thrift store.

4. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

tiny drop of oil on the spindle motor shaft so far it's spot on.

5. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Nice CD player. Good idea to get a new belt for it.

6. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

It's been playing all night and still no hiccups after the deep cleaning and the drop of lube on the spindle shaft.. Who sells belts for these as I can find not one bit of info about this player other than trouble questions.
    it's tiny about the size of a dime, the keeper sickness is setting in I am seriously surprised at the sonic quality and breath of this deck for it's age 18 years old. Can only imagine what a re cap would do.No pdf service manual or even owners manual on line other than $18.00 copies.
    My thrift store buddy thinks I am nuts messing with these old fart players, I always say to him "hope someone is around to mess with your old fart self when the day comes".. And when I bring them over to put into his system he says Wow! Sounds better than my deck.
    Another friend was always barging about his Sony deck how low the noise numbers and all that jazz, i always thought it sounded as thin as a pea shooter shooting glass pellets. I brought over this old fussy but usable Sony ES forgot what it was but it was going to open his eyes and the size of his room to breath as well.
    After three CD's I gave it to him he put his in the closet.I told him thing always look good on paper it's when it's in front of you that counts.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

I've bought belts for my CD players from ebay seller revox_de.

8. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

Thanks Mark..
    So far it is still holding with no issues jumping even when tapping on the unit.
    My next step will be the belt but I need to figure how to get it out without a big drama for something that is right in front of my face, one tiny belt attached to a small motor and a worm gear.
    Getting the end of the worm gear free to slip the belt over is what i have to figure out first.