New Den System

Tom Brennan

AK Member
Subscriber
I bought a new amp and speakers over the weekend. The speakers are Monitor Audio R 90s and the amp is a little Jolida FX-10 integrated with 10 watts a channel.

Sources are a LG streaming blu-ray machine, a Sony DVD jukebox, a Pioneer CLD-704 laserdisc player, a Sony MP3 player that plugs into the amp and jumpdrives inserted in the televison.

The sound is marvelous; somewhat bass shy but very clear without a hint of screech or whistle and with a very big soundstage. I find the system pleasing to the eye as well; very simple. The amp is cute and the speakers have a very nice rosewood veneer

again007.jpg

again011.jpg

again014.jpg

Excellent. Gives me ideas for a small, low-level-listening system for my sitting room off the bedroom.

Your liking that little Jolida eh? I was checking one of those out over at Needle Doctor a few weeks back and was pretty impressed. Perfect for a set-up like you have put together there.

Nice!

RC

Tom,
Very nice!
I was wondering why you have a picture of General William Tecumseh Sherman to the left of your speaker?

images

Best Regards,
TerryO

My kind of system - I can't wait to hear more about the Jolida, which has fascinated me since I first saw it.

s.

Last edited:
Very nice Tom, seems a great mix for a den system.

Now those wouldn't be chinless woofers with tragic dome tweeters would they? :)

I was wondering why you have a picture of General William Tecumseh Sherman to the left of your speaker?

Ole Uncle Billy is one of my favorite characters in American history, he was a pistol. He played euchre too. ;)

I moved some books around and filled the empty spaces and hid the defunct KRKs.

again001.jpg

again003.jpg

The little Jolida is the cat's meow. It makes a fuller and more natural sound with the Monitor Audios than my Denon receiver did. A very nice combination, like bacon and eggs or grilled cheese and tomato soup.. For only 400 bucks at Saturday Audio in Chicago this little bugger is one Hell of a deal.

again012.jpg

I have the same amp in my nearfield system with Tyler Taylo sig. monitors and a Level 3 mod. Shanling CDP1000 with we396's in the player. Like you said...great sound stage. Bass isn't huge, but in the small 10x11 room I have them in, it's surprising. Great setup.

Back
Top Bottom