New discoveries, new music, keep your ears open

biscuithead

Me likes the eargasm retroplasm...
I have had far too many conversations with many a person that claims that there just isn’t any new music worth listening to....

Let’s prove them wrong by helping us all promote new music. This thread can serve as a friendly “hey have you heard xxxx yet?”

Any genre, any media, but let’s put a ten year rule on it. Post any new discoveries of yours here, as long as the song/album isn’t over ten years old.

I’ll kick it off with :

There is more good music today than ever. And more variety available today than ever, since distribution isn't controlled by just a few entities. One just has to know where to find it.

Completely agree! What was the last album you bought or song you downloaded?

And I caught this guy by accident last summer, opening for someone else.

Last edited:
A good way to find new and different music is to listen to college radio stations streaming on the web, plus non-commercial (not necessarily NPR) stations that play new and indie music, like WYEP in Pittsburgh or WXPN in Philadelphia. Those two certainly aren't the only ones.

I'm a guitarist, but actually like listening to certain electronic music. Electronic music has matured into some excellent trends. One of my favorites is Ulrich Schnauss. He also releases on Vinyl and "Synthwaves" was one of the first LPs I purchased since the 1990s (I posted about it in the Turntable section).
Here is one example:

Back
Top Bottom