New discoveries, new music, keep your ears open

Greta Van Fleet is really taking off and is a big buzz in the youth culture right now, or at least the past couple years..

Hears a new vid, I guess they made it to SNL as well as other late night shows.

Ok this is cool, they took their new song Lover Leaver 3.30 minutes long on the album

And have it live at 26.30 minutes, now that's old school acid rock and shows what they can do live.

Yes sir! GVF is a great new band!

These sisters have a very gritty groove going and I like it.

Then there's Danielle Nicole. This girl's got soul and she's a hell of a bass player too considering it's upside down. ;)

Larkin Poe does a rather gritty cover of Black Betty too. But their original stuff is great!

My wife and I found these guys on Bandcamp a couple of years ago...4 hours of music on this album...name your price!

I now have most of their stuff. :cool:

A description of their music from Bandcamp... Electric Octopus are a new and exciting musical cabal that'll take your mind on a weird and wonderful adventure.

My wife and I found these guys on Bandcamp a couple of years ago...4 hours of music on this album...name your price!

I now have most of their stuff. :cool:

A description of their music from Bandcamp... Electric Octopus are a new and exciting musical cabal that'll take your mind on a weird and wonderful adventure.

I just listened to new jam#3, while I “napped” with HP on. I’m a jam band fan, I’ll need to spend some more time with them before I commit to a thumbs up.

I'm going to catch this guy in Pittsburgh this Saturday.

Cory Wong

Last edited:
If you guys like good melodies, strong playing, etc etc...

Life-is-a-journey_sardinia-tapes_cd_dvd.png

They even have a reel to reel release
http://djabe.hu/en/uzlet/djabe-stev...rney-the-sardinia-tapes-4-savos-mesterszalag/

Newen Afrobeat. I've posted this video on AK before, but I think these guys really create a special electricity. They are a Chilean band doing Afrobeat with many tributes to iconic African singer, Fela Kuti. This cut has Fela's son, Seun Kuti, singing with them.

Newen Afrobeat. I've posted this video on AK before, but I think these guys really create a special electricity. They are a Chilean band doing Afrobeat with many tributes to iconic African singer, Fela Kuti. This cut has Fela's son, Seun Kuti, singing with them.

I’m a Fela Kuti fan, so when I get a chance I’ll give it a listen! Thanks for sharing!

If you guys like good melodies, strong playing, etc etc...

Life-is-a-journey_sardinia-tapes_cd_dvd.png

They even have a reel to reel release
http://djabe.hu/en/uzlet/djabe-stev...rney-the-sardinia-tapes-4-savos-mesterszalag/

Check out "Around My Mind" by Djabe & Steve Hackett on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B07...07HRZKWCL&ref=dm_sh_bUbrt9LvvNlR8HL6k6cxUEwJP

I just listened to this on my way to work! Damn! It paints the most fantastic sonic-story-scape! I was flying over the Rocky Mountains man! I hit the top of Pikes Peak at about 7 minutes!
You have to listen to the whole thing, set aside 12 minutes and take an escape!

I really like these guys...they have a kind of retro sound but don't tell them that!

"It’s still garage rock, of course; still sun-kissed with 60s swirls; still more doobie than acid drop. But certainly there are darker undercurrents here too. Tracks such as Could Be You and High & Dry hint at northern soul and psychedelia."

Back
Top Bottom