New England AKer Winterfrankenfest is GO for Saturday March 3rd in lovely Clinton, MA

Had a good time albeit quite short. Was great to see the guys I know from previous meets and shake hands with a couple new faces.

Thanks again Frank for hosting as usual. Soon we're gonna have to do one in Vermont for a change. The upside is I won't have to drive 3 hours each way! :D

Just got in. What a meet! :music: Thanks as always to Frank for holding yet another awesome get-together, and for everyone who showed up or tried to make it. Hope I didn't annoy too many of you with all my bragging, or my crappy music... :para:

Anyway, can't wait for the next one! :banana:
-Adam

Had a great time and it was good to connect with some familiar faces and meet lots of new people as well. Thanks to Frank and Peter for having this fun event. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

I'm using your custom made cables Audiodon and they're a nice and noticable upgrade over my old rat shack unshielded ones. Thank you and kudos for a job well done.

And C6Bill you hit the nail on the head with your description of that Stones sacd; exile on main st. I was forced to listen to 45 minutes of that abomination only because I was on the stair machine. I've heard 8 track tapes with better clarity and dynamics.

I'd like to say as the gift funds collector just what a fabulous group of people you all are. Usually you have to chase people for funds they've promised, not get your inbox stuffed with paypals and have hands stuff money in your pockets. Yeh, that was the fun part delihaus!

I'd like to give a special shout out to a few guys who donated money for the fest even though they weren't coming, couldn't possibly come or couldn't make it this time.
Archie2
frahengeo
EPI-Center
Clint
Did I miss anyone else? If so, PM me and I'll add you here to the special post of fame.
Double-posted because this notice deserves it.

Last edited:
And C6Bill you hit the nail on the head with your description of that Stones sacd; exile on main st. I was forced to listen to 45 minutes of that abomination only because I was on the stair machine. I've heard 8 track tapes with better clarity and dynamics.

I hate when people sing with their mouth full :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Another well deserved Thank You to Frank and Peter but another Thank You to Jim and Don for setting this up, can't wait for the next one :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Geez...I woke up with a hangover...and a Pioneer tube amp! Who the heck needs a Pioneer tube amp? Then again...it is soooo cool looking...yet soooo ugly. Oh well, a great souvenir of a great day! The AK gang are the nicest folks you could ever hope to share a chicken wing with!

Geez...I woke up with a hangover...and a Pioneer tube amp! Who the heck needs a Pioneer tube amp? Then again...it is soooo cool looking...yet soooo ugly. Oh well, a great souvenir of a great day! The AK gang are the nicest folks you could ever hope to share a chicken wing with!

Better than not buying that fugley but beautiful amp and having it haunt you in your dreams :D

Damn you, C6Bill, you can't argue with AK logic! (which is very different from spouse logic, by the way!).

Thank you to all for a great time, (specially Frank). They all make you feel welcomed. It's an amazing group and it was an honor to be there.

Did you try the "the box is mostly empty" trick on the spouse?

I tried it. Does NOT work...

I just had to share this photo.
Purchased from Todd MacDonald.

Case ready fresh meat indeed.
attachment.php

Attachments

• heathkitfreshmeat.jpg
    heathkitfreshmeat.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 93
Thanks to Frank and Peter for a great event!

As always, a ton of fun, food, beer, music and gear!

Got some unexpected vinyl from several sources, heard some fantastic "monster" speakers, etc. :yes:

However, I thought someone was going to be selling Girl Scout cookies?! :scratch2: How did I manage to miss them?!

How will I survice without Thin Mints?! :tears:

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, and I'm looking forward to the next one! :thmbsp:

Many thanks to Frank and Peter for hosting another excellent audio fest! Also thanks are due to the many members who lug large mounts of heavy and expensive gear just so others can hear it. I had never heard 'planar' speakers till yesterday and I came away very impressed.

Can't wait for the next one!

Jblnut

That went pretty well huh? :)

What can I say people, you honor me with your presence.

Peter and I are very grateful for your gift and generosity, thank you all very much.

It's wonderful to see more new faces (six by my guess), and my apologies for not remembering all of your names. Welcome, and I hope to see you the next time around.

Special thanks to Jim and Don, they are the ones who really put this stuff in play.
John shows up early to help. His enthusiasm and good cheer is infectious.
Al came to test tubes for everyone.
Don comes and educates (and CHEESE Grommit!)
Rob runs the laser to make badges.
Paul and Bill(?) take pictures.
Nicolai comes for the woodworking and stays to help clean up. He'll never read this thread but thanks Nick.
And of course thanks to all the rest of you, in ways large and small.
From the gentleman (whose name I shamefully cannot recall), with Art Speigelman's Maus, the gift of a very interesting book. Many thanks.

Consider it from my (our) end; Peter and I open up the doors and kind, smart , interesting people walk in. They play great music on top shelf gear, bring good food and alcohol, engage me in conversation and make me laugh and make me think. They teach me stuff.
They go home.
I come in the next day and have beer and donuts for breakfast, then take out a couple of bags of trash.

Easiest job I ever had :banana:

So thanks to all of you; it always has been, and remains, an honor to host you.

As Jim mentioned, lets try to get together early summer, say middle June. Either the house or the shop will be available, but we can leave that decision to the wisdom of the crowd when the time nears.

Things Left Behind

Nice set of tongs - Johnny Mo and SpikeDart (and really good chicken)

Power center/surge protector - unknown

White cutting board - AudioDon?

Lafayette Tape Splicer and Cassettes - unknown

Frank

Can anyone tell me how to make paragraph breaks work?

Last edited:
Frank,
The Lafayette Tape Splicer and Cassettes were unclaimed swag from the free pile.
Do with them as you please.

Mmm, donuts and beer - the breakfast of champions (audiophiles?).

Speaking for myself and Johnny Mo

An excellent time was had and wonderful to see those I have known and some new friends too.
Thank you Frank and Peter and everyone who helped to bring us together again.

Back
Top Bottom