New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday September 30th is in Clinton (!)

I'm in! I'm bringing Frank's Maggie 175 tube amp that I took home to test. It works just fine. It has been restored and upgraded with some nice components. Apparently Frank did this with help from an AKer but I'm not sure who that is. Anybody want to 'fess up?

that may be the one I sold him 3-4 years ago

Regrettably I will not be able to attend. I am a member of a town committee and just learned there will be a short notice meeting on Saturday which I must attend.

It was very sad new to hear that Frank passed. He was such a joy to talk to. I’m sure that he’ll be missed by all that have attended over the decades. I’ll definitely be going. Thanks to all those who made this event possible to help Frank’s family with their loss.

I have located a small gas grill for tomorrow, thanks to a friend who has attended 2 of our Fests in the past. "Johnny Mo".

DSC_6618.jpg

What a great day! It was nice to see everybody again and have the last meeting in Clinton be so memorable.

A GIANT THANK YOU to all the people that helped out Frank’s family today with both the organizing of the event and by purchasing items from the silent auction. I enjoyed talking to Jerry-Ann and Jamie, both very sweet people that seemed to appreciate the AK group and understand how much it meant to Frank.

I sold a couple things, then promptly spent the money. I went home with more than I needed, but not everything I wanted. Woodworking tools and stereo equipment...totally dig it. :)

Thanks to everyone who made it out to Clinton today for our goodbye to Frank get together.

I estimate we had about 50 attendees.

Thanks to everyone who dug into their pockets to provide Frank's treasures with new homes and the grandchildren about $5,000 for their future.

Thanks to Brian, Dan, Darren (and probably others I'm unaware of) for testing the gear and organizing the silent auction.

I know I bought way too much gear - witness my car which wouldn't have taken one more thing - but it will be somehow comforting knowing I've got a piece of the gentle soul that was Frank in my midsts.

For the next FrankenFest I'm targeting Saturday March 3rd somewhere in the Worcester general area - probably at an Elks lodge or VFW hall. Everyone will need to chip in some money to make it work.

Not many pictures this time, but here's some shots of all the gear for sale.

IMG_8740.JPG

IMG_8741.JPG

IMG_8742.JPG

IMG_8743.JPG

Last edited:
And here’s the most talked about piece of gear. Did it finally sell at the very end?

Alas, no.
My friend Ray made it out (late) and we were trying to negotiate a sale but he couldn't come to terms.
It's a beautiful and specialized piece destined to make someone very happy at some point.

Alas, no.
My friend Ray made it out (late) and we were trying to negotiate a sale but he couldn't come to terms.
It's a beautiful and specialized piece destined to make someone very happy at some point.

Man, I thought for sure he was gonna go for it. I may have to buy it now.

Man, I thought for sure he was gonna go for it. I may have to buy it now.

$1000 is what the family wants for that Nak System One rack and it's a great deal at that price. If anyone wants to buy it at that price, say the word.

Thanks to all of us for making this day a successful one for Frank's family. They really appreciated that.

Wow, what a way to go out! Thanks to Jim, Bill & Co. for running it, and everyone who helped make it a wonderful show. I actually managed to sell some stuff for once, though other stuff followed me home from the auction (all for a good cause, of course). Can't wait for the next one, wherever it may be. :music:
-Adam

Looks like you all had a great day and really helped Franks family. Cheers to you all!
Look forward to the next Frankenfest.

Great vibes, great conversations, great to meet Frank's family, and great treasures in the trunk of my car (still in the trunk as a matter o' fact...and will remain there till my wife goes to work). Damn nice people in our New England AK group. Hey, Baco...don't forget to PM me your paypal info.

Great vibes, great conversations, great to meet Frank's family, and great treasures in the trunk of my car (still in the trunk as a matter o' fact...and will remain there till my wife goes to work). Damn nice people in our New England AK group. Hey, Baco...don't forget to PM me your paypal info.

Haha, yeah I just unloaded my car this morning while my wife was in the shower.

Back
Top Bottom